The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Chester Heights , PENNSYLVANIA

Most Recent Chester Heights Camping Reviews
Beautiful. Period.

While the bathrooms were something out of a horror movie, this park is gorgeous. We had a lovely one night stay here on our way to our destination, and I would come back to this area to explore more.

Nice little place..

Nice little place just off the Delaware river. Nothing fancy, just basic camping with no frills. They do have a bath house, water and electric. Seems to have a fair amount of seasonal RVs set up there. Be very careful with the entrance, It is a extremely sharp right turn and then over a narrow bridge. The short road leading up to the campground is one lane as well. Pet friendly. Good cell service on ATT and Tmobile

Owner is very friendly and helpful, $33 per night cash only.

*WARNING do NOT come over the Frenchtown bridge. It is WAY too narrow- it’s hard to even have 2 Honda Civics passing-much less any type of RV or TT. Even taking the Milford bridge is a gamble at best, it’s still a tight fit with a 17 foot trailer being towed by my tundra.

One lane road into campground, with a drop of to the right. Not for the faint of heart.

So nice, stayed an extra day!

Very large park. Showed up on Wednesday, and was assigned a spot in loop 700 up on a hill in the center of a ring of trailers, past a lot of full-timers. Cable does not work. No internet. 2 bars LTE on T-Mobile. We stayed in loop 700 - very nice, new and well-maintained area with mature trees and lovely fall colors. It appears locals keep their rigs here and use the area as vacation homes… outer ring of area had unoccupied trailers, but they were well kept and cute. Stayed over Thursday night as well. Laundromat with 5 washers/dryers. Coin machine empty, but they had change at check-in building. They have showers, but we didn’t check them out. Peaceful park.

Want to camp in an amusement park?

This place has staff that doesn’t seem interested in renting spaces or assisting customers. Much has closed because of COVID-19, and apparently this camp ground is subsidized. It is chocked full of gnomes and other overly cute plywood cutouts. Surprised they don’t just go ahead and add a tilt-a-whirl!

Very nice

We went for Father’s Day a few years ago. Nice camping experience had a fishing pond sites were level and no problems

Love it here!

We love to stay here anytime of year. We stay down by the river. Electric and water only, but there is a honeypot that will pump out if you stay longer. There is an area you can get in to the river to go tubing. So much fun!

Solid family and friends campsites

The individual campsites are decent for a light camping experience. The hiking trails are great. The rivers for kayaking a real nice. Would recommend. Only warning is unless you rent 2-3 campsites you will be close to other campers as the campsites are in groups of three right next to eachother.

First Camping Trip

This was my daughters and I first camping trip. The place seemed like it was alot of regulars so it had a community vibe. The staff was very accommodating and gracious. The onsite stores prices were very inexpensive which surprised me. Halloween decorations were the best. The playground was great my daughter really enjoyed the scavenger hunt. The miniature golf course could have been maintained better, but it was so inexpensive I couldn't consider it an issue. Our tent site was right next to the pond. It was a Saturday and they were rocking. I dont know if the person playing the music was a professional DJ, he was incredible. He has to be the greatest campsite DJ ever. It was definitely a vibe. If he's not on the payroll and the owners read this the person playing the music Oct 3rd deserves some sort of compensation.

RV Park with some tent sites

We stayed in the small tent loop at this private, primarily RV resort. First, the good stuff: The tent loop was empty for our 5 night stay with the exception of night 1. We were at site F17.

Bathrooms were cleaned multiple times each day, showers were warm.

There is a laundry facility. It's about $6 to wash and dry a load. There is no change machine that we could find.

If you have kids that are aged 6 and up, they are going to love this place.

Staff were nice and made several trips to the tent loop to make sure all was well.

Electric hookups at every site!

Baby turtles were hatching when we arrived.

And now the stuff we didn't like:

Well, it's an RV resort. The tent loop is crowded, site-wise, and I cannot imagine how packed together you'd be if every site was full.

The signage is almost non-existent. We drove right by the tent loop twice and there are no obvious "Loop A" etc signs. The tent loop is all the way in the back next to the pond.

If you are arriving after office hours, 6pm or so, you have to call to get a gate code. Otherwise, you are locked out.

Everyone has a golf cart and will drive into the tent loop to look at you as if you are a wildebeest and they're on safari.

Parents of small children and toddlers: the tent loop is surrounded by water on 3 sides. There is no safety fence. The water is mostly standing water so expect mosquitoes.

Site F 17 is the lowest point of the tent loop,which won't be a problem unless it rains. Unfortunately, it rained 3 inches one day and I literally dug a trench around the tent to keep it dry. F15 is on the high side and slightly larger site, request it if you can.

On Saturday night, there is a DJ and a dance party from 7-10 pm. It is extraordinarily loud and somewhat impossible to navigate a car through that many people. Plan on staying out of the resort or completely inside if you are up for it.

(I'm sorry for the photos; I didn't have my phone and had to use someone else's phone to take photos.  It was also torrentially raining so I didn't venture outside of the canopy!)

Clean and Quiet

Atsion is a hidden gem. Bathrooms continuously clean during Covid. Lots of families. Beautiful sunsets and great hiking trails close by.