Camping in Chester

Recent Reviews Near Chester, Pennsylvania

143 Reviews of 30 Chester, Pennsylvania Campgrounds

Reviewed Dec. 1, 2021

Great time

Great place, view and people Great hike around lake

Siteoverlooking lake
m
Reviewed Nov. 28, 2021

GREAT !

Loved this place. Sites very well spaced, facilities clean, laundry room spotless, camp store has everything you might need and the hiking trails can’t be beat. We camped there twice…and did not disappoint either time. The only reason I gave this 4 stars instead of 5 is because there is no…

KThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 24, 2021

Peaceful State Park

The sites are large and the whole campground is very open. There is a small camp store with the essentials and very clean bath and shower facilities. The pond is huge; perfect for kayaking or canoeing.

s
Reviewed Nov. 17, 2021

Loved it

Had beautiful views fresh smelling sents of the winterizing trees nice suitable place for the the kids to play had alot of fun and relaxing fun with the kids

Sue C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 13, 2021

Great park, BUT not a campground

Great historical park along Washington's route to Valley Forge - however, camping is group camping by reservation only, not nightly camping for individuals. Come for Militia Hill, hawk watching, cross country ski, or disc golf, and the trails along the Wissahickon Creek.

Reviewed Nov. 6, 2021

Great view of the lake

Real nice experience for my wife and myself Steep price for guests

j
Reviewed Oct. 31, 2021

People are strange

Right hand man would be truly real so internal growthes occur.

Siteb1
CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 26, 2021

Woodsy

Stayed here Oct 14-16. Very narrow roads to sites, so not big rig friendly there but most sites are quite large. No gravel or pads on sites, just bare ground. No hook ups but there are potable water faucets and a dump station. My rig is 31 ft class C and it was fine for me but a larger rig may…

Janet P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 17, 2021

Practice what you preach

Called a be left messages like answering machine Directed. And after assuring that they return every phone call well it’s 7:30 pm and I’m still waiting for my return calls that I placed 830 am this morning and then 1 o’clock in the afternoon. Like I said in the title practice what you preach.

Joel R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 9, 2021

Best KOA I’ve been to

This is unquestionably the best KOA I’ve been to. I usually do not like KOA, except when there are no alternatives. This one is way above average. Typically these places are all gravel and dust. This one has paved roads, grass and trees. There is a pond for fishing, too. The only complaint is…

• Play button icon
Lawrence P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 6, 2021

Ok but a bit pricey.

Stayed for 10 days. A bit pricey for what ya get, in my opinion. (We were helping some friends get their house ready to sell and this was the only place that had a spot for the time frame we needed.)

The staff was nice and friendly. The place was well kept. Many spots had trees but we couldn't get…

MsTrailBlazer 🏔.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 29, 2021

Love this place

Love Ridley and their trails. However, there is only group tenting here. I would stay over in a heartbeat though as Im always here! 💕💕

Reviewed Sep. 27, 2021

Lum’s Pond campground

What a great little campground. Shaded well spaced sites with full hookups and yurts to stay in.

MsTrailBlazer 🏔.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 24, 2021

🥰

It was very nice! Canoeing schedule could need some organizing? Had a blast! Will be back River sites were my fave but you will have people walking on your campsite.

William W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 8, 2021

Parvin

Good fishing and nice trails Nice campsites, some big enough for trailers. Bathrooms were very clean