The best GROUP camping near
Sulphur , OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Sulphur Camping Reviews
Quick and Easy

I pulled in about 10pm last week (late October). I tried to pay online as per requested. I set up my 4runner and Roof Top Tent and passed out. There were ZERO other campers but a bunch of RVs.

The Catfish bay campground was a super open peninsula with very little trees. There were human dropping buildings that looked clean but I didn't use. On the night I was there it was 68 with a very light breeze. I can see the summers being rough at this campground with almost zero cover. Nice shore line and my guess is the fishing is good.

Probably won't return as I don't see this campground offering much.

Amazing views

Best campgrounds I’ve been to in a while. But it was nice. Very clean bathrooms and showers. Very large campsites 🏕 Just a great time with the family. All the marinas were closed when we went. No rentals.

Great sunrise and sunset

Not a lot of shade here, so summer would be sweltering. We stayed early October and it was great weather. Good shore fishing but not a lot of hiking and such close by. Sunrise and sun set on the water was nice.

Beautiful place in Southern OK

Beautiful river in the hills of Southern Oklahoma.This is a public fishing and hunting area and not a state park , therefore it is much more primitive.  For the most part campers are responsible for cleaning up after themselves, many of whom refuse to do so. There were a lot of toilet paper piles and dirty diapers in the woods surrounding the campsites. The area was also packed full of people with Texas tags.  The area gets more pristine the further you get from the campsites and parking areas. There is a catch and release trophy section at the upper reaches of the river. Be sure to have the proper outdoors license for your activity as the area is heavily patrolled and enforced. Be aware of the barbless hook areas. The river mostly consists of clear water flowing over a series of rock ledges with long clear pools in between. It is not ideal for floating as you will have to portage every quarter mile or so. The facilities consist of a few pit toilets that are not regularly cleaned. Outside of the camping and parking areas there is no vehicle access.

Love the Lake...Site 9 not so much

Great sites around this lake but if only the area around #9 is open you might want to rethink. Right on top of each other and the picnic tables, fire pits are oddly placed.

Nice!

Nice clean campground. Fills up fast. Great showers.

Good for a stopover not much more

Little city park with a lake. A good place for a nightly stopover but not much more. It is fairly run down and RV sites are very unlevel. All the other amenities are also run down. The lake is nice. Half the sites seem to be taken by permanent locals or transients. Park was quiet but it was mid week. There were regular train noises all night though.

Spooky campground with history.

A very neat place for people that are interested in civil war history. Boggy Depot Park received its name from Clear Boggy Creek and was originally used as a depot for the Chickasaw and Choctaw people as they arrived in Indian Territory during the removal.Then a Confederate commissary and outpost depot during the Civil War. In 1972, Boggy Depot was added to the National Register of Historic Places. It even has a cemetary in the campground. It spooks me out. This is whats remaining of a ghost town. It was part of the Butterfield Stage Route, and a lot of old history. Looking around the park you will see signs and information about the various events and reasons of importance for Boggy Depot throughout the early years of American history. It is remote in the country nestled in very old oak trees which makes it beautiful. It is very shady with over a hundred camping spots. There was only 2 other campers staying there. It is a great place for hunters too. It even has a check in station. It has a fishing lake, pretty nature trails, a baseball diamond, a basketball court, a great playground, picnic tables, group picnic shelters, charcoal grills, and comfort restrooms with showers. A big campground, with over 100 campsites. including RV and tent camping. It also has a cool little creek. It's about 15 from Atoka, Oklahoma. The park almost closed because of state funding but some of our Native American Tribes saved it and is now ran and operated by the Chickasaw Nation. This is like a hidden gem to me.

PHYSICAL ADDRESS

475 South Park Lane Atoka, Oklahoma 74525

PHONE NUMBER

Main Line: (580) 889-5625

My new favorite

This place is so beautiful and FREE! You must have a fishing or hunting license to camp here. Camping stops are spaced out very well. It is primitive camping. There is no electricity and there are some bathrooms but very few which doesn’t bother me bc I don’t use them anyways. It is very relaxing and was somewhat quiet other than the person 50 yards away allowing their kids to scream bloody murder for over an hour lol but other than that it was peaceful! Will be returning soon with my son to take him fishing. The water is so clear, you can see the fish in it.

Nice Little Place

Starting with just making the reservation. By far the easiest process for booking a site we have ever experienced. The website is well organized and very descriptive when explaining the amenities of each site. I also greatly appreciated the text messages letting us know when and how to check in. Its nice to know the expectations on arrival. It is a very small campground with the a majority of the sites well separated. There were a few clusters of close spaces, but as I mentioned above, the website made it clear as to what sites those were. The RV site itself(#36) was easy to back into with plenty of space for our outdoor set up. Fair warning, the water hookups are FAR from the site. Do not under estimate how far these things are. With 75ft of hose - we were barely reaching the nozzle. Again, we warned of this when making our reservation. Finally, the beaches. It was nice the only people who had access to the water were the people who had booked a site, this is because there is a gate into the campground you must have a code for. If there was another point of entry, we did not see it. The thing keeping this place from earning 5 stars, is the uncleanliness of said beaches. Pieces of metal, glass, and garbage were all over the place. Was not a place we could sit down and enjoy. I may have very well missed a cleaner stretch within this campground and just did not walk far enough to find, but what we did find was a bummer. Other than that, it was a great place and somewhere we would be happy to come back to.