The best RV SITES camping near
Webster , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Webster Camping Reviews
I can't wait for this resort to open to the public

I had the opportunity to tour this facility before it was open to the public. This is going to be a phenomenal RV Resort. Big-rig friendly, a HUGE pool with a hot tub, fishing, kayaking, and hiking trails. Inside the lodge, there will be meeting spaces, a retail store, and an on-site concierge. If you have been to Catherine's Landing, this resort is going to be even more magnificent (If that is even possible)!

Drive up site by the lake/boat launch

Note that there are multiple campsites on this lake, some are drive up, some you have to walk to. There is also a campground called "Lake Santeetlah" that is not free. The site by the boat launch was quiet, free, and had beautiful views of the lake. I arrived right before sunset on a week day and found it unoccupied. There was a picnic table, and established flat area to set up a tent. No bathrooms or running water available.

Warning: the road to get to Lake Santeetlah has endless sharp turns & drop-offs, would not recommend driving this in the dark.

Wonderful property but awful management

property is awesome but manager got arrested for selling meth and pulling a weapon on campers. Sewage everywhere right next to your camper. Gross!

Tent by the river

Awesome spot about 20 min from Helen GA. Back your vehicle right up to your spot for easy unloading and using your vehicle for extra space for whatever. We tent camped right along the river.

Quiet Side of Gatlinburg

Adventure Bound is a campground chain, and this one is located on the back side of Gatlinburg in the Smokies. It is easy to get to the campground without sitting in the horrendous traffic that Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge is notorious for. The location is between Greenbrier and Cosby campground, and that is a great area to visit in the Smokies.

The campground has so many things to do! They have a camp store with essentials and ice cream! They have rental golf carts to get around the property on. There’s an arcade, a pool, an alpine slide, a fishing pond, playground, a “Gaga ball” pit (I had to google what is was), and much more! Plus there is a creek that runs through the property and many sites are on it. Great place for bike riding too.

The campground is very large, and was full when we were there, but it was quiet at night with the sounds of rushing water and crickets. This is a really fun place to stay, especially for families!

Very nice

We only got to stay two nights, but we will definitely be back. It rained the day we arrived so the concrete pads were nice and clean no dirt to track in the RV. The activity center had a cute art room with chalk walls for smaller children. This is an upscale camping resort far from roughing it, and we loved it!

My favorite go-to campground

I love the mountains and the Brevard/Asheville area is where I normally go during the summer. This is a wonderful campground at the entrance to the Pisgah National Forest. The campground is big and offers sites in the woods and by the Davidson river.

Only a few sites have electric hook-up, but most have no electricity. The surrounding forest offers great hiking trails. There is a swimming hole and lots of people fly fish in the river. This trip we took in early June 2020 and a cold front had just gone through so it was very chilly at night.

Remote Camping Near Smoky Mountain History

Full Video With Drive Through Of The Campground CLICK HERE

When visiting the smoky mountains you might be tempted to try something a little bit more off the beaten path. Sometimes the path being rocky and windy makes the campsite all the more worth it. As is the case with the Cataloochee campground.

I took a trip to this campground in hopes of finding something spectacular I had heard that the elk in this area around freely and that on a crisp day you could hear the water which runs along side the camp even at the furthest campsite. As I drove down the winding road I noticed that the twist interns grew narrow the bumps grew frequent and then encountering a motorist was a hairy experience. I had been told that large RVs we're not permitted however I saw one precariously going down the mountain side.

The roads suddenly turned from dirt and gravel to a paved section of highway and I was slightly confused.

Just a short distance after this occurred I found the Cataloochee campground jetting off to the left-hand side of the road. It welcomed me with open arms and tall trees casting gorgeous shade that seem to be dancing in the sunlight. I pulled in to speak to the Ranger on duty and then quickly found my campsite. It was something unlike any other campground I had found in the area completely removed from the comforts of community and distanced intentionally from the creature comforts.

This campground is one for making memories and enjoying truly the outdoors. Hiking trails depart from this campground and lead to some of the most historic areas of the great Smoky Mountain National Park including several structures which ones were the homes of some of the first residents of the Smoky Mountains.

Each site was large enough to spread out in with a small camper or a tent. Tent pads are large and size allowing for even the largest of tents. Each pull in was large enough for a large vehicle, though I could see an RV being an issue. Campsites came standard with lantern hooks and picnic tables in addition to a fire ring.

Centralized restrooms and trash receptacles were available in addition to a spigot. These restrooms are very basic however do have a wash sink area in a common area as well to avoid restroom clean up for dishes. There are no showers at this facility.

Since this area is widely regarded for bear sightings in addition to other wild animals, you can find bear safety at the kiosk and locking trash bins. I would advise brushing up on your bear safety before a trip to the Smoky Mountains for a camping trip in general.

Sure enough after settling in this campground was a peaceful and idyllic setting. At$25 per night the waterfront sites more than justify the price point. However, I will say reservations are required for this campground as it is more remote and also more limited on availability.

This campground is frequently effected by weather so planning in advance is a must!!

Thanksgiving Weekend

It is so hard to get a reservation here, so we decided to take what we could get so we could try it out! Staff is very nice, park is clean and I’m sure in the summer it is bustling! Lots of cool summer activities and some amazing scenery and views of the lake. A tip to get reservations! Call and put your name on a waiting list for the dates you need. If they have cancellations, they call the people on the list instead of releasing the dates on the website!

Clean, quiet, easy access to Smoky National Park

If you’re looking for quiet, at least during the winter months, this is a beautiful resort with plenty of space between neighbors and it seems that all sites have solid views. There are some permanent residents living there and they are all nice with well kept and cool homes. Each site has its own dump which was great. Water was clean with great pressure. Electric was solid. Aerial photos courtesy of SweetDroneChicago on Instagram.