The best TENT SITES camping near
Sylva , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Sylva Camping Reviews
Very Nice and Convienent

We really enjoyed a few nights in the fall and used this rv park as a base for driving and visiting the National Park!!

Wow. What an amazing cabin! Best one yet!

Just amazing! Stunning cabin. They supply wood. Water, electric and everything you need. Right in the water. Listen to the river. See the photos. It was awesome!

Beautiful water view! Visit jocassee state park

Jocassee state park in Devils Fork is awesome for the family! Lots of water activities. The area is clean. We had an awesome stay!

Perfect!

Greenbrier is the best. Entrance is beautifully decorated, staff really nice and accommodating, bathrooms/showered nicest I’ve seen and the location on river amongst the trees is idyllic.

Very mellow campground for the Smokies

This will be the second time staying at whispering River resorts.  The management is very friendly.  The help is also very friendly.  We will be back next year.

Beautiful for Fall camping

We did a spontaneous trip to the mountains and we found this nice camp site along the North Fork French Broad River and we camped right along the river. It felt like we were camping deep in the woods and the Fall leaves were still clinging to the trees and made it absolutely beautiful. We fished right next to our camp site and then relaxed with a camp fire listening to the sound of the River.

HWY 215 runs along the camp site but since it was the weekend there was very little traffic. Hosts were very friendly, bath house was clean, and had chickens running around the camp site. Only reason I gave the camp site a four star is because there is clutter around a old cabin and old camper, has a broken down sink and if cleaned up would look much better.

Camp site is close to the Blue Ridge Parkway and other areas of interest.

Meticulously maintained

Mama Gertie's is the most well kept campground I've ever been in.  The bathhouses look like something inside of an upscale hotel room.  There are mountaintop sides with big patios that hang over the mountain top and have incredible views.  It is one of our favorite places in the country.

Downside, amenities are limited.  No pool, no playground, etc.

Beautiful place

We were able to reserve site 40 and it was the most beautiful site avaliable at the campground. There is a trail to the lake, where you can access water and it made us feel like we were in our private small beach. There were staff cleaning restrooms regularly, showers had great pressure! You can rent kayaks or paddle boards at the campground. We loved the experience and will definitely be back.

A wonderful getaway

I was thrilled to find a campsite available with an amazing view. While our site was very small, it was perfect for me and two teenage kids. They loved being next to the creek and watching the water move. We already have our next visit booked! It probably won't be our last time, either!

Better Options in the Area

I felt nickeled and dimed by this campground. I camp in Townsend often and I'm not typically charged for; a firepit, wood, wifi, and additional parking. Plus the wood they brought was wet and wouldn't burn. The spots were the smallest I've been too, we were absolutely crammed in there.

3/4 of the campground consisted of permanent residents and it didn't have an overall feel of a campground, but more of a mobile home park.