The best BOAT IN camping near
Glen Alpine , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Glen Alpine Camping Reviews
This is a hidden gem!

I think if I could, I would stay here forever. Sites are by the river! It’s gorgeous! Peaceful and quiet as well. The only downside for some of you would be the acceptable size of RV/motorhome. We have a 28’ TT, I believe that is about the limit. Reservations are made by phone, very affordable. Oh, did I forget to say it’s full hook ups? :)

Beautiful park

This park was just beautiful. The kind of park you can hang out in all day and it feels like you’re on vacation. We loved waking up in the water.

Excellent location

The location next to the reservoir is awesome. Rode the bike trails and loved it. Did some kayaking too. The actual campsites can be a bit tricky to park but overall great time

Nice, but cramped

The Asheville East KOA is well maintained and a nice place to stop if you're exploring Asheville.  It's about 10 minutes east of downtown Asheville.  The spots are really tight. They have been updating over the years, but could use a little more work.

Great little spot on the river to cool off

At first I was a little panicked that it was going to be a campground that jammed in too many people and we’d have no privacy. It was surprisingly quiet and we had plenty of space. We stayed in the tent spots along the river. It was quiet, we didn’t feel like anyone was on top of us, and the restrooms and general areas felt available.

The water levels are perfect for floating around and playing in the river. There’s even a little path you can take a tube up and float back down. They had a lily pad for general use and a little pond if you wanted something contained.

It’s a great little spot with good people running it. We’ll definitely be back!

Just OK

Pluses: Nice river and lake Excellent WiFi Helpful staff for parking

Minuses: Bathrooms are yuck - need redone Campground is loud from frontage road and running parallel/below Highway I-40 AND train going by.

Centrally Located in Asheville, but be sure to stay on the River Side

It’s a very central to downtown Asheville and provided you’re river front it’s a nice campground. Unfortunately all of the sites that aren’t river front back up directly to the interstate — a little noisy to say the lease. Everyone was friendly, and we spent most of our time touring the city.

Great Campground

We stayed at the Carolina Hemlocks campground while taking a road trip down the Blue Ridge Parkway. Very private campground that borders the South Toe River. Nice tubing put in and a great swimming spot directly in the campground. The bathrooms and shower was well taken care. Very friendly camp hosts. We stayed in site 31, which was a nice wooded private spot in the back of the campground.

Great Location

We stayed for two nights, a little away from the main camp area but was kinda glad for it. Had a great spot tucked into the woods near the water. Great path to skip rocks and just enjoy. Fire pit was a little weird but made it work. We were close to the road which was kind of a bummer but as I mentioned, not in the main area so probably can’t fault it for that.

When driving through the main area though, spaces were pretty tight, very full, and not all seemed friendly for a camper/RV though there were some. It was truly beautiful though, gas station on the way in and downtown Burnsville/grocery store wasn’t too far away.

Happy camper

It was our first time camping as a family and now we wish we could camp every weekend!