About Linville Falls Campground
National Park Service
Linville Falls Campground is located in North Carolina
12 Reviews of Linville Falls Campground
not what I was expecting

I was very disappointed when we arrived for a 5 night stay to say the least. Very small, dirt campsite with a short section (6ft) of wood fence separating the next small dirt campsite. We had to go down a hill to the fire ring. There was no parking space at all. They put as many campsites as humanly possible there. There was a very new, nice bathhouse and a nice playground. It was a very loud place, too. If I was planning on staying in camp, this is not the place to relax.

BRP Mile Marker 316

Another lovely campground along the BRP, close to Linville Falls and gorge, picnic area and visitor center.

Erwin’s View Trail: Moderate Linville Gorge Trail: Strenuous {amazing view of falls}

Get a map at the visitor’s center.. redundant: the gorge is rather crowded on the weekends.

Check online for road closures when visiting the parkway.

$20 per night

There are 70 sites, some reservable sites and walk ins -and an RV loop {dump station} All sites non electric, generators permitted before quiet hours.

Lovely rangers and camp host that I found to be pleasant and helpful.

Open field sites, with decent sized pads, fire pits & picnic tables. Some of the sites are more secluded, the ones nearest to the parkway road.

Dog friendly for leashed puppers 🐾 Kid Friendly

There are bear lockers, keep food and supplies in the locker and in car at night.

Alcohol is prohibited

No showers but access to clean water and flush toilets.

You may collect dead wood or bring in HEAT TREATED firewood that is certified with a federal seal.

Local stores that sell wood and/or other supplies: Linville Falls Visitor Center/Park store Linville Falls General Store {8896 NC-183, Linville Falls, NC 28647- trinkets, camp supplies, cold drinks, non perishable food, Hunt Brothers Pizza etc} Walmart Supercenter, Spruce Pine, Ingles Food Store, Newland

Nearby Attractions

Linville Falls Linville Gorge “Grand Canyon of the Southern Appalachians”

Falls Trail - 1.6 mi RT/easy The Gorge Trail - 1.4 mi RT/ strenuous. The Plunge Basin Trail- 1mi RT/ moderate. Leashed dogs permitted 🐾

BRP Linville Canverns Crabtree Falls, Burnsville Grassy Creek Falls NC Gem Museum

The campground is laid out well, spacious, clean and located near awesome trails, falls, look outs and shops and restaurants.

Lovely by the Riverside

This campground was great for the night I stayed. It was spacious enough so I didn’t feel like I was on top of my neighbors, but I also felt safe having people around me (I travelled alone). I brought my dogs down to the river for some refreshing fun. The only reason I have this site 3 stars is because there weren’t many accommodations, compared to other campgrounds in the area. I didn’t expect any but if you’re hoping for high end camping, this is not the place for you! I would definitely stay here again.

One of the best

Cute campground with the cleanest bathrooms I have ever seen. If you’re in the tent sites, prepare to go on a little hike up some stairs to reach them. But they are lit with string lights on the way up. When we arrived it was pouring the day before and all the fire pits had puddles inside. All we had to do was tell the owners and they came over with a pump and fixed it. They even had kindling for sale at their shop. No need to purchase wood, there was plenty of it all around you can gather. Overall a good experience!

Linville Falls

Beautiful scenery, great hiking all around you!

Great little hideaway!

Loved this campground! Great level tent pads, lots of trees for shade, rhododendrons galore! Great trees for Hammock camping!! Only downside was it Poured on us, but the campground doesn't control mother nature! Weather made the hike to Linville Falls nearly unbearable - but the view when we got there . . . AMAZING!!!! Would love to stay here again!

Very friendly, quiet

It has tent sites, camper, and cabins. The people who own it are great. It has a store where you can get your basic camping things, also has a place to do your laundry, wash dishes and has a few showers plus family shower area. They have a playground for kids.

Pretty campground, but you are here to see Linville Gorge and Falls

Easy access to the trails around and over Linville Gorge. You can easily spend 2 days exploring trails along both sides of Linville Gorge and staring at the Falls. There is a less strenuous walk along one side of the gorge and a trail that allows views from the top of the waterfall that is accessible for most people.

On the other side of the Gorge are more challenging hikes. Maps are available at the visitor’s center. I highly recommend researching the geology of the Gorge to add to your appreciation & understanding.

Warning: This is a very popular tourist area and it’s crowded in summer. Get there early if you want to park without a wait.

As you would expect, there are restaurants and shops in the area to serve visitors.

Great for Bikers

Close to Blue ridge parkway and trails. Not enough trees for hammocks.

Remote, gorgeous, starry campsite!

Remote, quiet family friendly campground. It is a basic campground with both tent sites and hook-ups. We enjoy tent camping here on the large field where fireflies light up the night sky! There are sites that are close to water so you can fall asleep listening to the gurgle of the creek - and sites near the woods. The bathhouse includes toilets and sinks with a hand dryer. You can drive to the falls or drive to the visitor center and hike to the falls - a great campground!