Standard (Tent/RV)
About Linville Falls Campground

Located in a dense pine canopy, within hiking distance of Linville Gorge, and along the famous Blue Ridge Parkway, Linville Falls Campground is an ideal location for your next family camping excursion.

Recreation

The Linville Falls area is a hiker's paradise, and the campground provides easy access to several trails that allow visitors to experience the stunning scenery and abundant wildlife.

Once at the Linville Gorge , visitors can hike more challenging trails down to the river, where fishing for trout is a popular pastime.

Linville Falls is another must-see, carrying water from the river over several layers of falls, ending in a spectacular 45-foot waterfall pouring into the sparkling riverbed below.

Duggers Creek Falls : accessible from the Linville Falls Visitor Center on a small loop trail. See views of the falls from the foot bridge. These are native brook trout waters (fishing regulations apply).

Lost Cove Cliff Overlook : view Brown Mountain and see the Brown Mountain Lights--a natural occurrence which is believed to be caused by natural gases. A good spot to view hawks and peregrine falcons in the spring and fall.

Facilities

The campground offers comfortable tent or RV camping, with the convenience of flush toilets, dump station, and drinking water. Grills/fire rings and picnic tables at each site create a perfect environment for family barbecues or late-night marshmallow roasting.

In addition to the 39 sites available for advanced reservation, 25 campsites are available on a first come, first-served basis.

Natural Features

Linville Gorge is a vast designated Wilderness area that sits on 11,786 acres of rolling hills and thick forest. The gorge surrounds the Linville River, which is located some 1,400 feet below the ridge, creating a stunning canyon that has earned the nickname "The Grand Canyon of North Carolina."

The Blue Ridge Parkway is a scenic byway with plenty of natural attractions and recreational opportunities for visitors. Aside from natural features, the parkway is also a cross-section of Appalachian mountain history. Stretching almost 500 miles along the crest of the Blue Ridge Mountains through North Carolina and Virginia, it encompasses some of the oldest historical sites of both pre-historic and early European settlements.

The surrounding forest offers hemlock, white pine, oaks, hickory and birch trees, along with a colorful assortment of wildflowers in the spring and an epic array of orange and red shades of leaves in the autumn.

Nearby Attractions

Linville Caverns , a privately maintained cave just south of Linville Falls, offers guided tours year-round.

ADA Access: N

RVs and Trailers
Max Length: 50 ft.
Linville Falls Campground is located in North Carolina
Directions
From I-40 East, take Highway 221 north to the Blue Ridge Parkway at Linville Falls. Go north for one mile to Linville Falls Spur Road, located at Milepost 317, and continue a half mile to the campground.
21 Reviews of Linville Falls Campground
Cleanest Bathrooms Ever

We camped in mind-September and had a great time. These are the cleanest bathrooms we’ve ever seen. The on-site store is a life saver and the hosts are very helpful. We will return.

open and close

The campsites were open and very close together. The area is very beautiful, but the parking pads were very small. The bathrooms were clean. I'm not sure if I would return.

Right off the Blue Ridge Parkway

Tuesday, September 15, 2020.  I had originally planned on staying at Julian Price Campground but came upon this one first.  After looking around I decided to stay here for the night.  Plenty of spacious sites and I loved the fact that there were plenty of "first come, first served" sites.  There were a lot of campers here but there was plenty of room and I didn't feel crowded.  There were flush toilets but no showers.

Loved it!

Great campground! We are tent campers and loved our time here! There are A LOT of spots in a small area. That would be my only complaint if you want to call it that. The campgrounds clean and the owners are super nice and helpful. We have a dog and love the dog park! The bathrooms are very clean and nice! I would definitely recommend this campground!

Go When You Can Swim!

Highly recommend this campground if you are someone who loves water.  The falls are a must see and it's a beautiful sound to fall asleep too.  Water up in the mountains never gets that warm,  but I tend to notice around June to end of August the water is at its warmest.  After a long hike around the mountains, you won't even notice the temperature.  You'll be extremely happy to just jump right in!  As a side note- you can camp at Elk Falls (FOR FREE) instead of going to Linville Falls Campground.  I couldn't find that on this website, but I highly recommend that site over this over, if you are someone who likes a more secluded, off the regular trail camping.

Gorgeous Falls

Camping around Boone is filled with beauty.  Linville Falls is moderately trafficked.  The best benefit is you have your campsite and very close by you have the gorgeous falls.  I recommend camping no earlier than June.  Unless you don't mind the cold.  Most body's of water stay pretty cold for a lot longer up in the mountains and the nights can get chilly.  You will feel at peace here.

Too small for the # of sites

It doesn't even deserve the 1 star. The sites are too close to each other. No privacy…people walking through your site to get to the bathrooms and loud about it. Updated bathhouse is nice but the wait for the showers can be down right ridiculous. If you are in the lower tent sites, it can be quite a little hike at 3 am to get to the bathroom. I don't recommend making reservations too far in advance. We had to cancel our last reservation because my daughter is having surgery and they were NOT nice and we didn't even get a partial refund.

There are MUCH nicer campgrounds close by. I will never stay here again.

So-so campground

The area is beautiful and the falls are a worthy destination, but the campground leaves a little to be desired. The spaces are close together and many of them are not shaded very well. There are better campgrounds nearby.

Great place

Beautiful sites.  Welcoming hosts.  Bath house clean and maintained.  Easy access.  Little tight driving they but campsites have plenty of room.  Easy access to the Blue Ridge Parkway. Less than 3 miles to Linville Falls.  Little more to the caverns.  Office has a small store with essentials    The only reason I gave a 4 and not a 5 is the lack of WiFi.

not what I was expecting

I was very disappointed when we arrived for a 5 night stay to say the least. Very small, dirt campsite with a short section (6ft) of wood fence separating the next small dirt campsite. We had to go down a hill to the fire ring. There was no parking space at all. They put as many campsites as humanly possible there. There was a very new, nice bathhouse and a nice playground. It was a very loud place, too. If I was planning on staying in camp, this is not the place to relax.

Black Friday Gift: 6 months of FREE PRO camping features. Get Your Gift