Camping in Smithville

221 Reviews of 28 Smithville, Missouri Campgrounds

Gregory S.
Reviewed Nov. 19, 2021

Great friendly service

Walked to our site and helped us back in. Very friendly and helpful about area things to do.

L
Reviewed Nov. 16, 2021

Nice wooded campground

Easy access from I35. Very nice and convenient!!

Nathan T.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 12, 2021

Its not pretty but its close and the staff are great!

We were going to local fair,  Santa Caligon. It was close and have a great view of this crazy church. It is close to downtown Independence, for local shopping and food. We already booked out place for next years event. It has full hookups and that's about it.  there is a very clean shower house and…

• Neat church nearby
Misty B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 12, 2021

Nice and quiet

Nice quiet park with good sized gravel lots. Pet friendly and close to KC shops and stores

Bob M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 11, 2021

Nice RV park close to downtown

I would recommend staying at the premium pull through sites the other back-in sites are rather small. I like the location it’s close to where I was working and close to downtown so lots of things to do in the area. The Wi-Fi is working well as I am working online from this location. I would…

Jose M.
Reviewed Nov. 7, 2021

Neato

Informative and helpful!

SiteTravelodge
Samline14
Reviewed Oct. 27, 2021

Convenience and great area

Right by everything that you'd need. Food, drinks, shopping, hospital, etc. This isn't for a weekend with the family place to me. It seems geared more for traveling workers, families, and stays for a few weeks. It has everything you need but isn't as visually appealing to most. But that's not why…

Chrissy S.
Reviewed Oct. 27, 2021

Nice place

Only stayed one night, didn't use facilities other than the site.

Level, easy back in. Well maintained. Friendly greeter cat

Kelly D.
Reviewed Oct. 12, 2021

Great spot especially to attend Chiefs Game

3 nights here. Centrally located, great views, lovely staff, laundry and restroom facilities were good also. We stayed in the site right by the office and facilities. Good hookups that worked and WiFi worked very well. Would definitely return.

• view of temple behind the park
  • site #11
Charley K.
Reviewed Oct. 12, 2021

Nice stop over

Nice RV Park with concrete pads.

GThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 3, 2021

Small RV and Tent campground with nice water view. Quiet .

We spent one night here on the way home. GPS does not bring you to correct location. Sites are close together.  Single mens and womens bathroom  for entire site . First come first serve for sites.  Nice walking path and playground beside campground with nice water view.

• Nice lake with path to walk  around
  • Bathroom for women needed sprucing up but overall good.
L
Reviewed Sep. 29, 2021

Exactly What I Needed When I Needed It

On the way back east after spending 2+ weeks on the road, we desperately needed a place to set up our tent and lay down for the night before continuing on. We found this little gem and it wasn’t very far off the “main” road. Basically in the middle of nowhere we found this spot and were able to…

Siten/a
Michael C.
Reviewed Sep. 26, 2021

Great Boondocking

Great parking and nice place for free.

Sitewest side of Lake.
Michael C.
Reviewed Sep. 26, 2021

Great Boondocking

Great parking and nice place for free.

Sitewest side of Lake.