The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Miller , MISSOURI

Camping Missouri Miller Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Miller Camping Reviews
The Spot!

Words really can't describe.

But here we go….

Hidden Gem of the Ozarks

Definitely one of the most peaceful and tranquil campsites I ever stayed. Great place for families too. Access to Table Rock, Game Room, Pool and Jacuzzi. Small cabins and A-frames to rent. They have it all. This is my getaway!

Quiet and clean

Campsites are spread out, lots of privacy. Bathrooms are a short drive back to the general store. There is plenty of firewood around that you can cut. Campsite 1 was where I stayed, right on the river. There were floaters on the river, but not a lot and it was still peaceful. Great fishing. Nice fire pits and level campsites. I will be returning!

Great Corps of Engineers campground

Nestled on one of the best lakes in Missouri is this clean, family campground. Fairly level sites with quite a few lake sites. Nice boat ramp and swim area. Clean shower houses well located around the camping areas. Only complaint I could find with this location is trying to book an open spot and no full hook up. Loved this camp ground and will come back again.

Tent Camping

Beautiful views from many of the sites. I noticed several of the tent sites do not have level areas for your tent. T01 site does not have close parking unless you are able to park in the handcap parking. It is a quite park in the evening. Camp host is polite and shower house is kept clean. Vault toilet by the boat ramp is sketchy (where tent camping is located). Will stay here again.

Really Nice!

This is a COE facility. Pads are generally good and pretty level. Sites are spaced out nicely. There is a marina here with a restaurant that is open during the season. It had just closed on Labor Day when we were here. I would definitely recommend it and I would stay here again. There is not a lot to do though if you are not going out on the lake. We drove over and spent the afternoon at Roaring River State Park, which is very near by.

Nice area

Nice place to walk in the woods, camping by permit, short drive from Springfield, high traffic

Crowded, Quiet Time not enforced

This was a beautiful, but noisy and crowded campground by the water. We had site 9 which had a small trail to the rocks down by the water which would’ve been amazing to fish from. We walked down and enjoyed the views for a bit, then walked around part of the campground to see the swim area. Lantern hooks are available at campsites. Nice bathroom facilities. There’s only 2 showers so go at a non-peak time or you’ll be waiting in line. There’s no hand soap so bring your own for after using the bathroom. They clean the bathrooms twice a day. Fires are allowed but bring your own wood. They don’t sell it at the campground and the closest store ran out quick.

We made the mistake of staying here one night on Labor Day weekend. It was totally full, people were still rolling in after 10pm to set up with headlights blaring into other campers’ sites. People were very noisy with no concern of other campers. We had a large family 3 sites away from us set up at 9:30pm and continued to allow they’re kids to scream and shout and make crazy loud noise until nearly 1 am. The adults were loud, too. If you stay here in a tent, bring ear plugs to help with the noise. We were exhausted and wish we had reserved a night somewhere else. There was no one to answer a noise complaint call at the campground phone line and clearly no active camp hosts in the evening to enforce rules.

Best MO State Park

We recently stayed here for thr first time and we can't wait to go back! Our camp attendants were amazing! The river is striking. Everyone is so friendly. We hiked, fished, swam, and enjoyed the nature center (2 kids 3 dogs). We are anxious to ckme back during different seasons to watch Natures beauty and wonder!