About Springfield / Route 66 KOA
Springfield / Route 66 KOA is located in Missouri
37.1987 N
9 Reviews of Springfield / Route 66 KOA
Do you like trains?

Because you’re going to see and hear a lot of them, as there is a train track very close to the site.

This campground itself was nice. The staff was so extremely friendly. The trees are old and tall, creating a canopy over the sites, so even with the weather cresting 95°, the site felt nice.

I brought my travel trailer and stayed on lot 28. It was a KOA Patio site (a cement patio area with a table, chairs, and fire pit) that had city water, sewer, and electric. The lot was well cared for and my spot was incredibly flat/level. It’s always a nice feeling to pull in and set up with minimal effort.

The pool is small, but just a short walk from any site on the grounds. The clubhouse/store is well stoked if you forgot anything, or if you decide you need another six pack.

As another review mentioned, you can order pizza. The hours are reasonable. You can also order fresh made mini donuts in the morning. I nice treat for the family or with coffee on your way out!

If it wasn’t for the trains coming by blowing their horns, this would easily be a favorite spot.

Great Service But Smaller Sites

Of all the KOAs I have visited I was very eager to check out this one.  Close to Springfield and not to far from the turn off to Wilson Creek Battlefield this one just kinda made sense for a visit.

When I ventured to check it out I quickly noticed that the site spacing was not the best when it came to the RVs, it looked claustrophobic.   When it came to the tent sites I felt a bit more like I could breathe and stretch out.   Kind of strange that this was the case as usually the RV section at a KOA is more accommodating, in my own personal experiences.

The staff was very friendly and helpful and the overall amenities were pretty inclusive.   Some of course obvious upgrades coming at additional charges while others were standard.

In true KOA fashion there is WIFI, which I personally always welcome because I work remotely and sometimes do not have the best of signal.    Additionally they had standard features such as a dog park area, playground for the kiddos and a pool, although the pool is not open year round like some.

A few things that were a bit less common however, they had a pet play room which was pretty cool and though I don't travel with my pets found it to be a very friendly touch.    I also noticed that in addition to snacks you could pick up in the store they also had pizza during certain times if you were not wanting to use your own kitchen or the common space camp kitchens.

I was pretty impressed overall but with all the good there were those claustrophobic rv sites I just couldn't get past and the pricing of a KOA always hurts the pockets a bit more even with them being nice and the common kitchen area I was attempting to use and had a few issues, this could have been just when I was visiting so I don't want to completely hold that against them but it was having issued.

TIPS:

* Visit Wilson's Creek Battlefield to explore, learn and hike.  When you come to this KOA it obviously does not have any hiking, but the battlefield offers a lengthy system of trails .* Bass Pro's home is Springfield, MO so you will not only find the largest Bass Pro there but also a unique museum of all animals which is quite spectacular.

Very Clean / Some Employees Unfit

Campsites are very clean but not a lot of space between.

Facilities are overall very well maintained.

Staff was super friendly with the exception of two. There are two employees that have no business working in any sort of hospitality. Extremely rude to my kids, my wife and I.

Would be an easy 5-star if not for the two rude employees.

Full Hook up pull through

Great camp grounds, staff was very professional and very friendly. Close to Springfield right off the highway, real close to where we needed. Has everything you could possibly need in a camp grounds. Heading back next month for sure when Daughter in Law has our 2nd Grand child.

Awesome spot

Thanks to “The Dyrt” for helping us find this. Very nice. Clean, shaded spots, super nice people, several places for doggies to run. Would highly recommend

Clean and easy to get to

The staff was friendly and the camp was clean.

KOA at it's best!

This campground was FULL all weekend! The staff was great! The mini donuts they delivered to your site in the morning hit the spot! No road noise…….. but there is a train! The only downside was that we had to pull ahead in our site to get satellite signal. So we had to back up to dump. We were only there for two nights so it wasn't a HUGE hassle!

nice KOA

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The campsites were gravel and unlevel. WiFi and cell service were good. Bathrooms were clean. The kids enjoyed the pizza they make here and they will deliver it to your campsite when ready. I did wake up several times in the night to the sound of trains or planes passing by. The train tracks are right next to the campground. Nice place to stay.

Clean KOA that is family friendly

This KOA is clean with wonderful parks and a nice pool. It was a great place to stay while driving to our destination. The bonus and downfall was a train track that was close to the campground. We would still stay here again.