About Stockton State Park

The clear waters of Stockton Lake beckon visitors to water ski, scuba dive, swim or fish. And Stockton State Park is the perfect place to do it. It’s a perfect place for sailing – with a perpetual southwest breeze and a nationally recognized sailing school housed at the marina. Two boat launches make it easy to get in the water, as does a swimming beach. Want to stay on land? The park is great for photographing wildlife, picnicking with the family, hiking or just reveling in the beauty of southern Missouri. The park also offers a range of lodging from campsites to cabins. Stockton Lake camping is perfect for families and water recreation enthusiasts.

Stockton State Park is located in Missouri
7 Reviews of Stockton State Park
Excellent Spot

I really enjoyed my first trip here. I had never even heard of this lake. The grounds are nice and clean. The restrooms and showers are decent for a public area. The shop on the marina is not over priced like you would think. The staff are really nice. We do wish there were more instructions in the confirmation email on the check in process and specifically where to go when first arriving at the camp. There are pontoons, kayaks and canoes for rent at the marina. There is also a swim beach nearby.

Easy Access to Lake

Bathrooms could really use an update but the lake access in our group campsite was awesome!

Great Lake

I wish there were more secluded spots, but altogether a great place. There are miles of mountain biking trails which can be hard to find in Missouri, especially at state parks. Next time, we are hoping to get a spot with more trees and shade. The marina has a great shop In case you ran out of marshmellows or sunscreen and also has a small restaurant attached. Boat slips are also available. You can even rent pontoons or jet skis. There is also a water trail for canoes and kayaks, which are also available for rent.

Nice

Camp host are awesome

Excellent park!

We stay here about seven or eight times per year. Easy to reserve sites. We always stay on the west loop. There are no bad sites. Our favorite sites are 15 and 39. Restrooms are immaculate and camp hosts are great! Walking distance to the Marina that includes a restaurant. Walking distance to the lake and a lake view with kayak access.

Highly recommend

We camped in campground 1 right next to the play ground. Super clean, had a view of the lake. Within walking distance of the marina. Everyone was very friendly. My only complaint is the first night we had super noisy neighbors. I'm all for music and a good time but past quiet hours I think one should tone it down a bit. I assumed the host would tell them to be quiet. It did take me complaining the next morning, and then the host went to talk to them. Rest of the trip was smooth as can be! Kayak trails on the lake…beautiful clean swimming beaches. Can't wait to go back :)

Lake time

Definitely a great place to get out on the water! Several beach access spots but very rocky with no sand beaches near the state park campground.