The best WALK IN camping near
Horine , MISSOURI

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Horine Camping Reviews
River views

The area was closed when we arrived. But from the looks of it, lots of good camping sites right along the river. Saw lots of grills and plenty of space between each site.

Camping

Likes: Onondaga state park campground is one of my favorite camping spots in central Mo. The campground is very nice and clean and pads are level and all concrete with 50amp service and water hook ups. Very peaceful and friendly people. Dislikes: I’ve camped in a dozen sites at least there and never had a problem when it rained a little bit (rains ever time I go camping seams like!!) last week I stayed in site #65 and it sucked!!! The site has no run off and all the water collects on the concrete pad so there we sat. Walked out of camper and at least 2-3” inches of water stood on concrete pad with mud everywhere!! Finally after a day are so I couldn’t take it. ( I have 2 boys that wanted outside as well as myself) I went and bought shovel and started digging little ditiches so water would run way from camper.. With it being October it didn’t get real warm so the water was there for three days.. The one day it did get nice and sunny the yellow jackets and lady bugs where so bad that you had to watch every move you made.. The next day the camper was covered on the inside with lady bugs everywhere.

I will definitely return camping there but will avoid site #65

Good fall spot

Well kept up place, good spacing between sites. I didn’t get a chance to go on any trails but there were a couple that looked good, including the Ozark Trail.

My fav!

Great location but NO PHONE SERVICE (ATT)

The campground is great.  Most of the sites are flat and paved.  The campground is right next to the Meramec River.  There is WiFi available but it is not reliable.  The cell phone service is virtually non-existent.  We had planned to work from here and had to cut our visit short.

Great, clean, gorgeous in October

Mid week stay. Great pads for our little tear drop, easy access. Pit toilets could have been cleaner, but fine. Quiet. Clean. Nice view of the Mississippi. Didn’t find showers mentioned in another review.

Beautiful State Park

Large level sites with electric. Water available mid campground and at dump station. Good antenna service , 2 bars T Mobile 2 large handicapped sites with concrete pads

Great For Adventuring

Whether you’re at one of the 25+ lakes in area, one of many beautiful trails, the mysterious WWII bunkers or the scenic roadways, Weldon Spring offers many an escape in the middle of town. Popular amongst marijuana users as the area is so big and close to the large sub-urban area nearby. It’s clean and a great spot for a group or individuals any time of the year.

Nice place!

Very well kept and clean campground. Great big trees, very shaded, great store. Decorated for Halloween and very kid friendly. Spots are tight (wouldn't want to be here when the park is full). Nice park for kids, hiking trail and jump pad (trampoline). It is right off from the interstate, so there is some noise.

Well maintained

Camped here for two nights over a weekend. Grounds are clean and well-maintained. The bathhouse was clean and stocked. Could use another toilet during peak season, but otherwise better than adequate.

Fire pits have hinged grates that are in fairly good shape. You probably don't want to lay food directly on top of them, so bring cookware.

Sites were clean. Don't leave anything food-related laying out overnight, the raccoons will get it.

Staff was helpful and friendly.