Fenton , MISSOURI

Most Recent Fenton Camping Reviews
Halloween Bash is big here!

Stayed over the weekend for our final trip of the season, great staff and facilities here. They really do pack in the campers though, extremely crowded and tight. The family atmosphere was incredible here, lots for the kiddos to do in this park. A little too crowded for us empty nesters.

Really nice!

I rolled in about 1030 with my daughter and dog. Very well lit, very clean and very easy to get in and very secure with a ton of cameras. Also has a really nice dog area. Was a bit concerned if my power would be on since the place isn't manned by someone, but it was and since it was so well lit it was a fast hookup. Totally recommend this place!

Clean and safe

There are few campgrounds with full hook-ups in the Edwardsville, IL area, so we were pleased to find this one. Yes, trains pass 2 blocks away several times nightly, but after the first night you won't notice. During modified car racing season, Friday nights are roaring loud from the racetrack nearby. This last stay in September 2020, we were surprised to see many full spots with residents living full time there. The playground and bounce pad and store were closed due to coronavirus, but the bathrooms and showers were open. Laundry is by appt. only. Not fancy, not quiet, but clean and safe. A bit pricey for the area, but as I said, not many choices there.

Grat place!

Nice little lake to fish in and areas to walk around in.

Beautiful place!

Many walking/cart paths. Great shop and fishing!

Very new, neat and clean

I was impressed with this place. It’s not staffed on-site as far as I saw. You can reserve a site online or just do it when you get there as I did. After paying the power is supposed to be turned on. Mine wasn’t after a couple minutes but I called the number in the confirmation email and it was on within seconds. No bathroom which they let you know when you book. Nice water and sewer hook up. You can get in and out really quick.

Great Missouri State Park and Campground

This campground offers no-services tent/RV and RV with electrical.  The electrical spots are all in cut grass areas, many with great shade trees.  The no-service sites are more wooded.  We did not visit the facilities (COVID) but the campground is well kept and nice.  The staff did not wear masks (hence the lower rating).

There are plenty of good walking trails along the river.  We are looking forward to coming back in the spring to walk these nice wooded trails.  We did not see any bike trails.

There is good cell service (ATT) at the campsites.  We did not detect any WiFi from our camping spot.

NOTE. The park is close to some motorsports arena which had loud events (drag racing?)  during the entire weekend we were there.  If you appreciate peaceful days and nights, check out the racing schedule first.

Great location but NO PHONE SERVICE (ATT)

The campground is great.  Most of the sites are flat and paved.  The campground is right next to the Meramec River.  There is WiFi available but it is not reliable.  The cell phone service is virtually non-existent.  We had planned to work from here and had to cut our visit short.

Great, clean, gorgeous in October

Mid week stay. Great pads for our little tear drop, easy access. Pit toilets could have been cleaner, but fine. Quiet. Clean. Nice view of the Mississippi. Didn’t find showers mentioned in another review.