Equestrian
About St. Joe State Park
St. Joe State Park is located in Missouri
10 Reviews of St. Joe State Park
Great state park for ATV users

This is a great state park campground if you enjoy going off-roading as there are tons of areas to ride.

Terrible

Terrible state park!!! We will never visit this park again! The rules are absolutely ridiculous; you can't do ANYTHING! The staff and rangers are extremely rude. I wouldn't waste your time coming to this park.

Family fun

Great time with family

My least favorite place I have tent camped

They were very picky about every single thing we set up. They required the tent had to be set up on the gravel but we had 2 large tents and they did not fit. Plus who wants to sleep on gravel. Had to buy wood but was only open a couple hours day. It was not a relaxing weekend.

ORV riding/Super nice

We have a pull behind travel trailer and pick up truck. Site 107 is where we stayed. Pull thru site,asphalt paved with gravel set up area, burn pit and picnic table. Bathrooms and shower house where nice and very clean! We did not have a ORV but did have battery Burromax minbikes. 10 yr old son had an amazing time ridingtoafs with no issues. Pet friendly. Great sewer dump station. Overall it was a very clean and friendly camping experience we will definitely go back even without having a dirtbike or 4 wheeler. Lots of fun!

Great for family

Really nice pull through sites and the kids loved the beach.

Something for everyone.

There are actually two campgrounds here at St Joe- one for the off roaders and one for the equestrian set. As you can imagine, the atmosphere and noise level is very different between the two. If you are an off roader (I am not), you will like the large campground that is set up for lots of community and social time. The parking pads (looked like all pull thru) were close to each other with a nice green area for tossing a ball or setting up a tent. There are several wash stations for ATVs and other off road vehicles as well as a trail head for off roading. Much more my stye is the equestrian campground, which you don’t have to have a horse to camp in. The campground is wooded, with some sites being very private as a result. Each site has the requisite picnic table and fire ring and plenty of good hammock trees, but also hitching posts for the horses. I liked how quiet and calm this campground was as well as how friendly the horse people are towards campers without horses. There was a short walk to the bathrooms (no showers). There is an area where you can walk your horse to graze on a lead or hose your horse down in wash stalls as well as a trail head to head out to hike/ride. These two campgrounds are set far enough apart that you don’t hear the off roaders.

Great place if you are boating or ORV.

Nice park with a large camp sites with premiere off-road vehicle area. The park also features four lakes, two swimming beaches, equestrian trails, a hiking and bicycling trail and picnic sites, as well as two campgrounds capable of accommodating campers with ORV or horse trailers.

Great multi use campground

I only rated this a 3 because of location. Its located next to odd Monsanto property but great vineyards. I know. Weird. Anyway great multi use if you enjoy hiking, mountain biking ATV and horses. My husband and I went to check out cave vineyard which is exactly what it sounds like and is not to be missed. The facilities at this campground were top notch and the the sites were huge! Missouri always does a great job and its a great place to camp. A few minutes drive from the popular st. Genevieve.

Love It Here

This place is grand…. They have a huge open area for dirt bike's and four wheelers, just have to follow a few rules for safety. Nice little beach for you to walk on or even get your feet wet. We'll be back!!