Carterville , MISSOURI

24 Reviews

Most Recent Carterville Camping Reviews
Large Lake for Sailing

Nice camping spots, cabins also available. You can rent boats at the marina. Tubing, fishing, kayaking and hiking also available.

Nice camping close to home

Wonderful, great to have a nice camping area with hook ups right out of town for those quick trips and to assist with that “get away feeling”. Nice little lake to fish in and good disc golf course.

Just pretty close to perfect

‘‘This Campground has sections. The one group is the (Sentury) Indian, and the second loop is the Eagle Point Fox loop. We were at the Sentry loop. We liked site 71 in that loop. It offered the most space and was a full hook up. That is one of the best things about this campground. Several full hookups. Boat ramp was nice. Not great but ok for kayaking. Nice swim beach. Campground host we met was not very friendly or helpful.

Great place to go off road riding. Fun olace

This is a Off-road park that has cabins and other camping options.  Not a quiet place but for those looking to ride or enjoy some off-road fun this is a good place to play!  There are some hiking trails where you can ride them hike..

Bring on the Deet!

Had an awesome hike, more incline/decline than I was expecting for the area! The caves were closed off due to walkway damage. Loved the lookout over the Missouri River! One less fun but not trip ruining detail, were the ticks. I went in August and they were pretty bad, tons on our legs and on my dog just from the hike. Next time I'll be prepared with deet!

Nice State Facility

Big park with so many site options. Very large sites on the lower area, upper area is a little more tight. Easy access to the launch ramp for smaller boat rigs.. easy access to the area activities very accommodating staff

The campground is beautiful, the people who run it are volunteers and are so sweet. The park is very clean and the camping spots are always clean and ready to go. Very cheap and they have public showers and restrooms near the entrance. We always go back every year. Beautiful place to camp in the fall as well.

A great clean place!

Great state park. Cleanest restrooms I’ve seen. Great trails. Bring the kayaks. They have some pretty cool kayak marked trails on the lake. Beautiful sail boats to see as well!

AWESOME

VERY clean, Easy access, fair price for the propane they sell, VERY nice managers and very helpful!

Excellent Spot

I really enjoyed my first trip here. I had never even heard of this lake. The grounds are nice and clean. The restrooms and showers are decent for a public area. The shop on the marina is not over priced like you would think. The staff are really nice. We do wish there were more instructions in the confirmation email on the check in process and specifically where to go when first arriving at the camp. There are pontoons, kayaks and canoes for rent at the marina. There is also a swim beach nearby.