The best BOAT IN camping near
Carterville , MISSOURI

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Carterville Camping Reviews
Large Lake for Sailing

Nice camping spots, cabins also available. You can rent boats at the marina. Tubing, fishing, kayaking and hiking also available.

Nice camping close to home

Wonderful, great to have a nice camping area with hook ups right out of town for those quick trips and to assist with that “get away feeling”. Nice little lake to fish in and good disc golf course.

Summer after summer

My family has had a membership here for 20+ years. We come here and stay every summer! They have good size places you can stay as a family, as well as lots of RV spots. We absolutely love the mini golf course and game facility, as well as the Eagles Nest! There’s nothing better than sitting out on the deck watching the sun set after a long day on the lake. The bathroom & shower facilities are always clean, with excellent water pressure, and hot water.

Just pretty close to perfect

‘‘This Campground has sections. The one group is the (Sentury) Indian, and the second loop is the Eagle Point Fox loop. We were at the Sentry loop. We liked site 71 in that loop. It offered the most space and was a full hook up. That is one of the best things about this campground. Several full hookups. Boat ramp was nice. Not great but ok for kayaking. Nice swim beach. Campground host we met was not very friendly or helpful.

Bring on the Deet!

Had an awesome hike, more incline/decline than I was expecting for the area! The caves were closed off due to walkway damage. Loved the lookout over the Missouri River! One less fun but not trip ruining detail, were the ticks. I went in August and they were pretty bad, tons on our legs and on my dog just from the hike. Next time I'll be prepared with deet!

Great for a lake campground

Lake camping isn't my favorite because often times the sites are too close together for the privacy and quiet that I prefer that being said Hawker point is my favorite lake campground. Many sites are well spaced and shaded. Campground host is friendly

Private and Nearly Perfect

Just got home from a weekend stay at site C19 at Hawker Point COE Park. This particular site was just up the hill from the lake and completely private. The walk to the lake was about 50 yards and a little steep but we managed to carry two kayaks down and up without too much trouble (and we are a middle-aged couple), and it was totally worth the effort because it was as if we had our own private cove.

The site is very spacious and shaded with plenty of trees for our hammocks and clothesline. Lots of level places for tents. The park attendants were very friendly and helpful.

C19 has no electricity or water and the closest vault toilet is a good walk down the road. The shower houses were driving distance away. We have a shower tent, so that wasn’t an issue for us.

We drove through the rest of this park to check out A and B campground loops. A loop consists of full hookup sites and many sit right on the water. Little shade and crowded, but if you like to play on the lake all day these might be for you. B loop had pretty wooded sites but many were not close to the water. C loop is where it’s at!

Freindly

Open campground steady water flow volleyball court horse shoe pits

Popular campground

The Rv sites are very crowded and no extra space to park your car or boat. Bathroom and bathhouse is nice. It’s a nice place to camp if you don’t mind having close neighbors.

Nice lake side camp ground

I enjoy camping here because the sites are spacious. The lake is clear and has good fishing. The bath houses leave a little to be desired. You have drive half a mile to get to them.