Salisbury , MARYLAND

Most Recent Salisbury Camping Reviews
Peaceful, historicd

The tent site was big with lots of choice locations for your tent. There is a lot of privacy between the tent sites because of the trees.

The bathrooms were clean and modern. The camp store had lots of little items that I needed. And there was a Little Library.

The hikes in the campground are beautiful. The historic aspect of the Cape amazed me. It was a site for WWII soldiers to watch for enemy invaders. The towers are still there.

The ocean is beautiful but a bit of a walk from the tent campsites.

Beautiful! Comfortable!

We loved our three night trip. The weather was great minus a terrible mist that came off the ocean one of the evenings.

The bathroom is clean and modern. There are two outdoor showers which were a real treat one warm evening.

Some of the island’s wild horses visited our campsite. You have to make sure every bit of food is put away. Do not feed them as that takes the wild nature out of them.

We met some wonderful people there from all over the east coast. The sites are spaced pretty tightly.

There are no wooded spots. So bring a sun shade or umbrella. Even in late October, it was bright and hot.

There are a few short trails in the National park which were nice.

Beautiful!!!

Beautiful campground! The pine trees provide a great canopy. Many of the campsites abut the canal. The bathhouse is clean and modern. A few negatives: The camp store’s firewood was the worst. And the campsites were too close and that cause an issue because there were a few loud campers that caused me to give this place a 4 versus 5. If you love to kayak, this is the place for you. The water trails provide hours of exploration.

Campground review

Important for guest

Trails end has gate with campground I.d. or sticker access. There are bath houses, laundromat, country store, restaurant, meeting building with free wifi, pool park, boat ramp, and 2 docks, electric hook up ( contact ANEC) water hook up. Sewer dump stations and no trash or trash pick up. Office staff can be annoying and have personal politics. Maintenance/Utility Department available. Yearly residence in campground and seasonal. NASA and DOD does fly over for training but not often and it's not annoying. Can have gulf carts. Office Maintenance Pool hall store and landurmat are spread thru out the campground. Bath houses all over the campground. Private security does not bother.

Something for everyone

This park has a sad history and is probably haunted, but it’s got ocean bay views, fishing, and historical recreations to visit. The campground is really nice, with water and sewer connections on the tulip loop. We used the web site to reserve our site ahead of time, and got a really sweet spot! There are a few mosquitoes, so don’t forget your spray. COVID-19 precautions have closed everything indoors, like the little museum, nature center, play ground and camp store.

Great campground

Beautiful campground

Beautiful campground. We were in Tulip loop with full hookups. Very private large sites. Wooded with tall pines. The stars were amazing! Could see the Milky Way and every star in the sky no light pollution. Nice beaches and pet beach for our dogs.

Exactly what we hoped for

Friendly staff, well maintained. Signs explained what could be done instead of what not to do.

At the end of the day nothing beat waking to horses grazing in our camp. Exactly what we were hoping for.

Wish we had two weeks instead of two days.

A Delaware must-see

I am a Delawarean at heart, and number one on my list of favorite Delaware parks is Trap Pond. The tent and RV sites are clean, but not so much that it feels unnatural. The cypress trees are truly a sight to behold, and the pond itself is breathtaking to paddle through. The staff are incredibly kind, lighthearted, and cheery. Make no mistake—you absolutely should come visit this amazing state park!