Standard (Tent/RV)
Max Vehicle Length Unknown
Pocomoke River State Park is located in Maryland
11 Reviews of Pocomoke River State Park
Great

Campsites are spread out nicely so you have privacy. Pool is nice and within walking distance from all sites. Park is equal distance from Chincoteague and Assateague without the sandy sites

Cozy Cabin

I stayed in a group of 5 people to camp and hike in Pocomoke River State Park. I am a local of the eastern shore and wanted a little getaway that was not too far from home. The twin bunk beds were extremely comfortable and felt rather large with two of us sleeping in them. The cabin stayed warm and exceeded expectations. The hikes were a nice little nature stroll with well maintained trails and was very clean! We would for sure stay here again, especially when we start to have families of our own.

Shad's Landing - Our Home Away from Home!!

This campground is our home base. It's only about 45 min from our home. We love this campground. Staff very friendly when store open and you see staff. Clean bathrooms and handicap accessible, as is the store.

Nice dock and boat launch area. We are kayakers in the warm weather and hikers when its cooler. We have kayaked north to Snow Hill, Md, south to Milburn Landing, west up Nassawango Creek, and Corkers Creek at the campsite. We have also kayaked out of Byrd Park, in Snow Hill. All these kayak trails are wonderful! Plenty to see, no bugs, no mosquitoes..some biting flies if you go into the lily pad areas. The park rangers spray to stop mosquitoes. The area is also a natural mosquito repellent because of the ph in the Cypress Tree waters.

Two loops allow dogs, one with electric and one without. Clean Bathrooms in each loop with nice showers and plenty of hot water. Handicap accessible in showers, bathrooms, cabins, walkways, parking.

Kayak and canoe rentals during season and handicap accessible for kayakers with special needs.

Good fishing in the area…I always catch fish here, but not so lucky elsewhere! Lol

Nice trails all around the area. Some horses and bike trails available..even some atv.

The park has programs and we painted a picture of Chuck the Owl (he was our model) which was fun. I have more pics on my camera I will upload later.

Check out this campground. You will love it!!

Great space and location

Our site has over 10 people and we all fit. Very quiet but maybe due to COVID.

Great quiet spot with lots to do

We stayed here 3 nights over Labor Day weekend. The sites are very level and spaced out well for privacy. The bathhouse was simple but clean, lit, and serviceable. There is a lot to do here: between the river, nature center, and pool, this place offers a lot. Plus it’s close to historic Snow Hill and Pocomoke City. A short day trip will take you to Chincoteague or Assateague Islands or Ocean City. We would definitely go back!

Beautiful, basic campground

We stayed in Waters Edge loop, it was quite peaceful the first night (Thurs) and then a bit more crowded on Friday night. Overall a very nice camp and will go back!

One of my favorites

Been tent camping here since I was a child caught my first fish there such great memories. It's also not a far ride to the ocean.

Desolate in Winter

If you are looking for solitude in the dead of winter this place is great. We stayed in a cabin on Christmas Eve and Night. It was as quiet as could be and no one around. Cabin was clean and warm.

great for groups!

My group camped here for two nights as part of our trip to Aasateague. The group campsite was huge, complete with plenty of picnic tables, hammock hangs, a fire pit with benches around it, and a charcoal grill with a prep station/garbage hang next to it. deluxe!

Absolutely in love with this place!

I can't say enough good things about this state park. Sites are the perfect size for our tent and canopy, and are secluded enough that you aren't on top of your neighbors. Bath houses are clean and updated, and I like that they have a sink outside to wash dishes. We've rented a canoe to explore the river, which was beautiful, but mostly we camp here and drive about 45 minutes to Ocean City. We came here on a whim three years ago and have made it a tradition to come back each year. I cannot recommend this place enough!

Year 2021 Flag