Standard (Tent/RV)
Max Length: 50 ft.
Shad Landing Campground is located in Maryland
18 Reviews of Shad Landing Campground
This place is great.

So I loved the campground. I got a electric site with a place for a large tent. The grounds are very well kept, respectful attendants and clean grounds. I loved the trip the scenery and the whole site. One thing I did have trouble with is the grade of the sites are somewhat downhill so if you do end up camping during a time it rains be sure to put your tent on a tarp. I was floating my tent the night it rained. Otherwise an all around amazing place to go.

Nice quiet campground

Stayed in a mini-cabin here and it was quite nice. As with most MD state parks the bathhouses could use updating, but was always clean and well kept. We immediately noticed how clean and tidy the campground was kept, it was immaculate. The park is nice, right on the river, great for kayaking.

A little something for all

My family and I love camping at Shad.  We usually stay in  Deer Run, its an electric site, and the non-dog loop.  The bathhouses have been renovated recently.  Its a short walk to the playground and athletic fields.  They also have a great kayak trail and boat launches.  The pool is a big plus as well.  Not to mention that many of the beaches are about a half an hour away.

Near enough to the ocean

Shad Landing ( and it’s parter site Milburn Landing) offer enough for you to spend a week close enough to the beaches of Assateague, Ocean City, and Chincoteague to smell the ocean. Sites are medium to large. There is one pet loop that is popular with the RV crowd. The park offers a warm shower, clean restrooms, a camp store that houses a small kitchen(pizza, sandwiches, ice cream) and canoeing through a pretty decent water trail. When not blocked by pandemic proposals, the nature center is a hub of educational activity and some great ranger programs. The park can get crowded fast. The eastern shore gets busy quick, even on the weekdays. When open, there is Assateague National Park, Chincoteague Wildlife Refuge, Wallops Island NASA center, and the fun of Ocean City- all within an hour drive. The towns of OC, Pocomoke City, and Berlin all have enough food to satisfy. The waterfront loop has no attached bathroom/showers, but instead uses the facilities under the camp store- a long walk in the middle of the night. There is water available. There is a washer/dryer available as well. Cabins are also available for rent. The one big problem with both Shad and Milburn are the bugs. It gets insanely humid here, and the mosquitoes, flies, and ticks take full advantage- especially if you decide to hike through the nearby State Forest. As of this writing, both the pool and the nature center is closed due to COVID. As well as the Marina and the Camp Store, which we found out on arrival. Wal-mart and Dollar General are just eight miles from the park. As we had already booked the week, we stayed- but without the pool at least and without the presence of the staff and the camp store ( and the boat rental as well) the experience was not as good as it was in the past. Until the COVID restrictions are relaxed and the park gets its amenities back, I cannot recommend staying here as much as I have in the past. The bathrooms in the fox den loop need updated as well- I noticed the doors are rusted and the stalls are very small.

Great Camping!

We stayed for 2 nights at on a pet friendly loop. Sites were well taken care of and everyone we saw was friendly. The camp store was closed (covid) but they had bathrooms open and firewood was easily accessible. There is no place to swim in the river since the Marina is just for boats, so next time we come, we’re definitely bring our canoe.

Great place.

Been here several times. 30 amp service available on Acorn Trail and Deer Run. Now water or sewer hookups but there is a dump station at park entrance with a water fillup spot. The river is great for fishing, kayaking, and boating. When camp store is open it is very minimalistic. Walmart is about 10 minutes, maybe less away. RV sites are very tight. Anything over 35' in my opinion will be hard to get into sites.

Pretty good

We arrived after dark so really didn't see much and left early and I only took a few pictures while my wife was chasing the dogs around with the little green poopy bags…. Quick take on the place is that it is nice and I wouldn't hesitate to return. The store had basic t-shirts hats and trinkets. Not sure of food supplies other the freezer burnt ice creams, (3), left over from the summer hordes. Firewood was for sale at $6 bucks a bundle, fair warning - it's primarily fireproof as it didn't burn well. There are canoes for rent. There is a nice dock and looks like a great place to canoe/kayak. It was very dark away from the office area but where we stayed there was some light from the parking lot lights filtering through the trees. Not bad though. There was a bit of road noise early on but was not bad and ended by 9pm. Driving out in the morning the place appeared well kept and has fairly spacious sites.

Quite

Had electric but no water or sewage . With that said I knew this going in. Had a nice spot with walking paths,bike trails and kayaking. Wasn’t far from town but you would’ve never known it.

Great June weekend

Our site was Deer Run loop # 111 but there was NO way we could back our small 18’ RV around the tree in the way (though this was just our 3rd trip with an RV). We switched to site 110 which was no problem. Very sparsely populated, it was near empty. Acorn Trail and Deer Run have electric. Water spigots were difficult to find in our loop but there’s a filling station near the sewer dump (don’t listen to the gal in the camp store, it’s there). We reserved our site just 2 or 3 days prior with lots of site choices. It’s buggy so bring whatever works for you. It rained twice but nothing was flooded or even very wet so good drainage at our site. The electric went out for about 3 hours in the middle of the night during a storm but the storm cooled things down. They offer canoe and kayak rentals and there’s a great pool! Bath house was beautiful but only 2 showers and one didn’t work on our last night there. We drove to the marina bath house instead. The store is nice as were the staff. Take bikes, it’s fairly level throughout. We went to Assateague State Park beach about a 30 min. drive. It was $4 a person in state / $6 for out of state. Terrible bath house really but great beach! Camp is near the town of Snow Hill which is a small town walkable place with quaint stores. I would stay here again!

Group Sites are Nice

Stayed there June 7-9 with my small Scout troop. The campsite is HUGE! No on site shelter. The pit toilets are normal camp pit toilets, however a real lid over the holes would be nice. Having the canoe/kayak rental on site is great. The water trail was an easy circuit for new paddlers. The scouts liked the pool. The camp store was well stocked and the staff was friendly and helpful.

Black Friday Gift: 6 months of FREE PRO camping features. Get Your Gift