Principio Furnace , MARYLAND

Most Recent Principio Furnace Camping Reviews
So good I did it twice

Being just barely off the beaten path, I wasn’t expecting all too much from the one night stay over planned heading from New Jersey to Shenandoah in Virginia. I was surprised at the quiet, understated beauty of the forestry around the perfectly level campsite. With on-site electric hookup, and amenities including dump, water fill, garbage and recycling easily accessed on the way in/out, all creature comforts were there for enjoying. Took a fairly easy hike down to the river and even went for a swim. Loved it so much, I stopped on the way back home again!

• Stayed Fall 2020
We had a great time

Good campground with a good amount of activities for the kids. Bathrooms didn’t have a lot of water pressure in the showers, but overall were cleaner then expected. We had a great time, and plan to visit here again.

Nice and dated

It was probably an amazing park 30 years ago. The creek was really nice. Sites were good size and ours had a patio. Had a fair amount of amenities for kids.

Family Campground

Great family campground with plenty to do.

Nature nature nature

The woods are full of nature and diverse. species. We counted over 17 different species of fungi in a 25 foot stretch! I loved staying in the beautiful cabins and enjoying the nature strolls. Would most definitely return.

My favorite spot!

I camp there multiple times a year! It's dog and family friendly, close to resources, but far enough that it's quiet and feels remote! No cell signal in the campground so the family is forced to disconnect. I absolutely love it!

Rustic

Secluded park close to DC

Nice spread out camp sites with power hookup.