Cambridge , MARYLAND

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Cambridge Camping Reviews
Great space and location

Our site has over 10 people and we all fit. Very quiet but maybe due to COVID.

Not happy here

This was a last minute reservation since what we originally had reserved didn’t work out. We were expecting something nicer especially with how pricey it is here. Sites were very close. The site was part Gravel and mostly mud/grass. There was trash on site. It appears that most of the people here live full-time. The driveway was dirt/gravel with a lot of holes. Nearby road was very busy with a lot of traffic noise especially early in the morning.
People in the office were very nice and accommodating.

This place is great.

So I loved the campground. I got a electric site with a place for a large tent. The grounds are very well kept, respectful attendants and clean grounds. I loved the trip the scenery and the whole site. One thing I did have trouble with is the grade of the sites are somewhat downhill so if you do end up camping during a time it rains be sure to put your tent on a tarp. I was floating my tent the night it rained. Otherwise an all around amazing place to go.

Great campground

This was our first trip in our first TT (33ft), we’re complete rookies! We had site 68 which had plenty of space for the TT, truck and car to park. The sites have plenty of separation and the park was very quiet. We talked to several fellow campers and all were very welcoming and helpful. We will definitely be making another trip there next year for a quick weekend getaway.

Excellent Weekend

Love this DE state park! 5 different loops. One for all tenting, loop E. One with all pull-through sites, loop D. Three with back in spots, loops A-C. If you want quiet, stay in loop D. This was a full weekend and a bit crowded. We had an end site facing the pond (C 20). Very level sites BUT a lot of trees in the way when parking your RV. Most spots have tight areas to maneuver into with trees and hookup posts on either side. We saw several we couldn’t believe they parked without hitting a tree. Lots of trails to hike and boat rentals; canoes, kayaks, paddle boats, pontoon boat, and I think a row boat. It’s located in lower DE near the MD line. There’s a walkway between all loops to connect them and easily walkable. Has electric and water hookups.

Secluded park close to DC

Nice spread out camp sites with power hookup.

Beautiful park

Loved strolling around the park. LOTS of locals. Sites somewhat tight to get in, once in it felt spacious. Trees and good shade. Bath house was ok. Hosts were great!

A good small park and campground

We stayed one night in a small cabin. It was cosy and warm on a cold night for fall. The cabins are clean and tidy and the campground is well run. It’s small and the sites are quite close together. There is a good trail around the campground, not long because it’s a small park, but the views of and access to the river are lovely.

Exactly what I look for

Janes Island State Park is a wonderful place for scenic state park camping. There are spots for tents and rvs. There is a marina and kayak trails. They have both primitive and full service cabins.

There are 3 camping loops. Loop B is the all electric loop with plenty of large sites that can accommodate bigger rigs. This is where my family stayed. We were directly across the street from the water and the views were amazing. Loop B is pet friendly, and all of the owners there were very responsible.

Due to the high water table, there were plenty of mosquitoes but with the breeze they were held largely in check.

My family and I cannot wait to go back.

Beautiful!!!

Beautiful campground! The pine trees provide a great canopy. Many of the campsites abut the canal. The bathhouse is clean and modern. A few negatives: The camp store’s firewood was the worst. And the campsites were too close and that cause an issue because there were a few loud campers that caused me to give this place a 4 versus 5. If you love to kayak, this is the place for you. The water trails provide hours of exploration.