The best GROUP camping near
Rivals , KENTUCKY

Most Recent Rivals Camping Reviews
A nice FOB

I used this location as my FOB for a weekend of hiking in southern Indiana. The campground was nice. Being the first weekend in April, the water wasn’t turned on so there were no modern restrooms/shower houses available. I’d say the camp was 30% capacity over the weekend, relatively quiet in the evenings with light road traffic. The gate staff were exceptional, suggesting a much better sight than I had registered for online.

Great place to take kids

The history is enough to make you want to come back. Feels like you stepped back in time. Gotta play the song at least once a day. Enjoy the clean amenities and revel in the history over a late night camp fire.

Great campground !

Beautiful campsite!

Nice quiet lake

Nice lake with outboard motors allowed. We enjoyed the water with out listening to the motors. They are not turning on water until April 15. The campground has some nice spots with cabins and areas for people with horses. Not to big but not to small.

Great Park

One of our favorite spots to camp. Beautiful trails for hiking, great creek for swimming, close to Louisville.

Nice hidden spot

This is a hidden little gem in the bustle of Louisville. We visited in the off season and during COVID. But the staff were friendly, grounds were clean, sites are very close together. We were happy to spend the night and know we were safe and tucked in. Our son loved the jump pillow, I gave it a try and my knee has been reminding me all day that I’m too old for that!! We would definitely stay again.

Kentucky Horse Park Campground, KY

Kentucky Horse Park is a working horse farm and educational center. Unfortunately due to COVID-19 the tours were unavailable when we visited. Regardless, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The sites were spacious and well maintained. They all come with a picnic table, fire pit and full hook-ups. The bathrooms, showers and laundry room were clean and also well maintained. The staff was friendly and accommodating. A great location, especially if planning to visit Lexington during your stay.

breathtaking view

I've grown up with this state park and it seems to get more beautiful throughout the years. The observation tower is my absolute favorite spot in this park. It has a breathtaking view of the Historic Downtown Madison

This was a very nice, clean, family friendly campground!

We loved the campground!  The facilities were very nice and clean.  The park was clean and very spacious.  We had lots of room in our space and we were not on top of our neighbors!!  Our dogs loved the park.  We will be back to stay again.

All around amazing!

If you love water and nature this is the place for you! Beautiful river front campground that is peaceful. There is a boat ramp (perfect for my kayak), docks to go fishing off of, lots of nature and trails. I just brought my RV here for an extended stay and the staff made every effort to make sure my stay would be enjoyable! They even came out and helped me hook everything up (I’m a newbie to RV camping). They have new owners and the staff is very welcoming and treat you like family and friends. I highly recommend this place and so thankful I found this little gem!