The best WALK IN camping near
Orland , INDIANA

Most Recent Orland Camping Reviews
Great outside of Covid

We had a really great time. Good cell coverage. Lots of security, playgrounds, well kept trails, a beach, general store. This place is MASSIVE. You will need to pay a one time entry fee 9 for out of state, 7 for in state. After you check into the campsite you will have a pass. We got a space with direct access to a huge playground, but it was closed for Covid. Major bummer. There are LOTS and LOTS of playgrounds so we had a lot of temper tantrums from my normally very well behaved toddler. He goes days and days without fussing but seeing playgrounds he can't use is too much, lol The swimming area is great for kids. They have lots of stuff for sale. I posted pictures so you can budget. Overall this place was perfect, the only downside is the temporary closures. A Walmart Supercenter is 30 minutes away. The general store really has anything(including tents) that you might need but it's overpriced as you would expect. We were able to stay on property all 5 days! Extra bonus! We were here on Memorial Day and we saw 0 people on a morning hike.

Great Visit / Great Park

We spent this past week at Hogback Lake KOA. It is late in the season so much of the park was closed for the season, but we had a great year round site. A little bit of road noise, but water, electric, sewer, cable TV all worked great. We have family in the area and had a great visit. We will definitely stay here again in the spring.

Small KOA

This KOA is much smaller than most and has fewer amenities, although the prices are comparable. Surprisingly this area is very high with camping charges, especially off season. That being said, the staff was very friendly and helpful, the 1:00 check out is nice. We didn’t use any of bathrooms or laundry so I can’t comment on that. Overall it was a good stop for an overnight stay

Ok place

It is a state park. There are lakes to fish, boat, kayak. Sites have lots of growth.

About what you’d expect

Only stopped here for the night to catch a rest so cannot speak to the trails or lakes. The place was nice enough at first glance that I’ll be back to check all those things out if I’m ever around these parts again. Would I make a many-hours-out-of-my-way detour for this place? Maybe… if the online booking looked like the park campground wouldn’t be terribly booked, because the sites are pretty jammed in there and close together, so you’d want to be there when it is less busy.

There were very cute friendly cats that came out at night to comb my site to see if there were any foodstuffs to be had. I prefer them over rodents, but missed the overly-friendly raccoons I’m used to :)

Very poor. Not what we expected from a KOA.

We arrived about 5:30pm. Hooked up and planned to relax. Power went off and on 5-6 times in an hour. Surge suppressor was normal. No TV, plugs, microwave, etc… Tried to call and let somebody know but the mailbox was full. Had to walk to the office to find Fred's number. Left him a message and he came right over. Great guy. He didn't find any problems so we're hoping for the best.  Highway noise was terrible. So many open spaces and we're assigned a highway space. They obviously cater to seasonal campers. Find another place if you're on the move…

Not pleased with

1. Power going out
  2. Hunting for help. Office closed at 1pm.
  3. Our location is almost on the road.
  4. Bathroom closed at 10am.

We let the office know all this by written review and by email. No response. We will not return.

Huge!!

Our stay was short, but I'd definitely consider another trip! Beautiful campground, large but still felt pretty secluded. Bathrooms were clean and well stocked.

Great stay

We are heading to Colorado from Michigan so this was just a stopover, one night. Very much like this park and will be back when we have more time to enjoy it. Spacious sites, good shade.

Family fun

Great place for family, lots of amenities.

Very nice

Really nice campground,  we stayed one night while traveling. Clean bathrooms and showers! Campsites clean, some privacy between sites with trees, very quiet. Had lake, trails, would be great for families on vacation.