Standard (Tent/RV)
Max Length: 50 ft.
Johnny Appleseed Campground is located in Indiana
5 Reviews of Johnny Appleseed Campground
Hidden in Plain Sight

I grew up in Ft. Wayne, so when I think of this campground I always think of Johnny Appleseed Festival. We have recently purchased an RV and plan to use it full time. We wanted to stay in town prior to traveling.

During our stay, I continued to forget that I was in the city. The park is connected to the river greenway which is a beautiful walk along the river!

I was also impressed with how clean the bathrooms and showers were!

Fairly modern

This is a small campground in the middle of the city. It’s directly across the road from the Saint Joe River, very near a dam. You can hear the alarms when the dam is opened or closed. Very clean area!

Decent for in the city

Pretty nice environment for being in the middle of the city just wish the river was clean

Looked like a ghost town

This small, well-kept Campground is a Fort Wayne city park surrounded by industrial & commercial businesses. The Park is clean with the most modern, clean shower/bath house I’ve seen. Unfortunately, the restroom is located across the street from the campground. The sites were occupied by large RVs but we only saw 2 people sitting outside - no campfires, no cooking, no campers. This was just an over night stopover for us so we didn’t care. I suppose this Campground is used by seasonal workers who just sleep & eat dinner there at the end of their workday. The Campground is never dark with streetlights and and the ambient light from surrounding businesses. I’m sure this campground serves a purpose, just not my purpose.This is definitely NOT a destination.

Urban Camping

This is a great little campground if you are wanting to explore Fort Wayne or are local and want to campout. Easy access to downtown, the Coliseum, IPFW, and shopping. The River Greenway path cuts right through the park, and there is also a boat launch for the river.

It seems rather secluded, but is definitely in the middle of town. As a FW local, we normally do a warm up overnight every year. I wish more cities had campgrounds this centralized!

Bathrooms are nice, and there is also a playground!

Year 2021 Flag