The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Whiteshop Estates , VIRGINIA

Most Recent Whiteshop Estates Camping Reviews
Backcountry with Trail Access

This site is perfect for first time backcountry campers. A two mile trail leads to several campsites that are spaced widely apart. Easy access to rivers/water source. Sites 3 and 7 were my favorite.

Great on weekdays

This was a great midweek site. The reservation board is straightforward, the history of the campground is interesting, and the trail access is excellent. Has everything you need with a tent pad, parking spot, fire ring, picnic table, and vault toilets on site. Decent cell service in the hiker parking area and on the road.

The weekend folks ceased to use the reservation board system and were very noisy.

Glamping!

We stayed in a yurt, and I’m gonna let the photos do most of the talking👌🏼🛖

We got here super late and we’re still able to check in because they’re at the desk 24/7.

Yurt has a full kitchen and bath. Coffee, popcorn, toiletries, linens provided.

Such a sweet little spot tucked outside of the Blue Ridge Mountains.

Great Place to get back to nature

We stayed in site F200 in mid April and there was hardly anyone there. The staff was friendly and more than willing to point us towards things to see and do. We have Verizon and had little to no signal so if being connected is important to you than this may be an issue since there was no wifi in the park either. There is a laundry facility and it had some of the best prices we have seen at a campground at under $2 per load. The bathhouse were clean and the showers were great, but they did cost $. There are no hookups for an RV but there is a dump station and potable water on site.

Camping During Covid

Stayed first weekend of Spring, some of the campsites are on a creek or river. Only $1o due to Covid, loads to do including a rather enormous grass clearing for picnic, bridge and cabin, fishing and hiking complete with billboards describing the hike. It was beautiful and the stars at night were breathtaking. We met one of the volunteer park rangers who suggested we drive about 15 min into town to Woodstock to a viewpoint and right below is a local store where they make THE BEST homemade sandwiches and desserts.

Amazing

My family and our friends went camping couple of weeks ago. Since it was two hours away from our home it was a bit difficult for us to decide should we go or not due 9 month baby. When we first got there the guy who worked there welcomed us with very friendly manner. That was the first warm impression we had for this campground then he explained every question that we had even though he was busy. Not only the people who are working there is awesome but the camp ground was very clean and had many activities that we all could enjoy. My band had first seesaw ride, swings and had experienced with jump tube. Had little pond looking lake and I don’t know how to explain this. But the whole camp found was perfect getaway for all of us. Also I really care about the cleaners of the bathroom. This place, is very good with cleaning and stocking the materials that people need. I am definitely going back.

Large, level and well spaced.

Some of the largest sites we’ve ever seen in a state park. I don’t believe there is a bad site in the park. We had rabbits grazing at our site too. Shenandoah NP is about a 10 mile drive away.

Skyline Ranch RV Resort

First off, this place is really outdated. The spots are too small, so I would suggest staying on gravel. The camps and condos are so undated. I wouldn’t stay in them. The camp/rv spots rent monthly for $800 for water, sewer, and electricity (doesn’t include extras like wifi), which is way to much. The water has problems and runs orange and ruined some of my clothes. They will not reimburse you for anything being ruined. Don’t get me started about how much the condos/camps are a night. Too much for an outdated condo/camp!!

The staff is friendly. Bathrooms are okay, but outdated.

The event they have once a year is too loud and too wild! Which is sad for a family camp ground. They should be more morally grounded for family. That event is not kid friendly at all. I didn’t care for the other events.

They have two washer and dryers on site, but you can only use one at a time and it cost, so it’s better just to go to the laundry mat.

The pool is not just for Skyline use. They let the public come use it as well. Which really sucks for renters paying $800 a month, the public shouldn’t be aloud to join in on the pool. It should be private.

I would not recommend this place or return any time soon.

Wonderful spot

Last minute weekend trip to Shenandoah, didn’t have a reservation but they were able to put us in a beautiful spot at the back of the campground. The picnic table and fire pit at each campsite was fantastic, and Pam was great and very helpful. The outhouses could use some maintenance but there are flush toilets and running water at the front of the camp ground. The creek flowing along the campsite was gorgeous and it was great listening to the running water at night. Would definitely return!

Far too congested

Sites are on top of each other and the site next to us had three family sized tents on it encroaching our fire pit by five feet. Lots of parties, very noisy. We had water hookup and the pressure was low also.