The best DRIVE IN camping near
Ridgefield , TENNESSEE

Most Recent Ridgefield Camping Reviews
Not bad, but a little tight

Our family had fun on this trip, but I have to say that most of the sites were VERY close together. We just happened to get lucky with what seemed to be the only site with lots of space. I believe it was site 93.

Quick 2 Night Stay

We stayed here for 2 nights. Unfortunately, it was unseasonably cold at 30° during the day and in the teens overnight. Yuck. We were not able to enjoy the town or campground like we would have wanted to. However, we experience ZERO issues due to the cold. No issue with freezing water pipes, etc… From what we could see, very clean and everyone we came in contact with was very nice. If we ever head that way again, we will stay again.

Great Night Sleep

Great December sleep in go as we headed south. Clean campground and beautiful scenery…will return outside winter season.

Super friendly staff

Took us last minute. Very friendly and accommodating. Clean bathroom facilities

Love the Platform sites

We love the platform sites that are so spacious and private. Easy access to dump station and bath houses. Almost all sites have view of water. It was very peaceful and quiet. It is very affordable especially for state employees. We will return.

GREAT Customer Service & A Super Fun Time!

I'm originally from Nashville and this was a wonderful place to spend the holidays so we could visit family and be in our own "home" still! We stayed for 2 weeks over Christmas/New Year's and shared a buddy site with my dad. I believe it was sites 38 & 39. We have a 40' motorhome and flat tow a Jeep and he has a 5th Wheel and had 2 vehicles there. We all still had plenty of space.

First, let me tell you what I LOVE about Grand Ole RV! The location is ideal. Right off the interstate and very easy to get to downtown as well as closer local restaurants & shopping. The staff is the BEST! Everyone was super friendly & very helpful. Unfortunately, our hot water & furnace unit had to be replaced during our stay, but it couldn't have happened at a better campground as the shower/bathroom area was very clean & nice. We had breakfast at the market a couple of times & it was delicious! The entertainment for NYE was seriously the most fun we've had out in a while. Nothing says Nashville like live country music! We will definitely be staying here again. **Tip, we drove up the road just a couple of minutes to Galbreath's Market (looks like an old gas station) and had the best filet cut on-site for us that we've ever had! Apparently, local country music stars will get their meat here often too.

What you may not love - but totally didn't bother us! This is right off the main road so there can be some traffic noise. Again, didn't bother us. There is also a very active railroad track that runs right along the back - which we actually loved. This isn't a campground that we would choose to stay at all day every day and play with the kids as they don't have a lot of amenities for that. The sites are mostly gravel, and while ours was level, it does get a bit of flooding when it rains. None of this, however, will stop us from being back. And we're pretty picky!

Bottom line, if you're visiting Nashville and want a fun time & excellent customer service in an excellent location, don't pass up Grand Ole RV!

Good Location for the money

Friendly staff tight spaces

Clean, Family Friendly Park.

We stayed here twice as our first stops leaving “home” when we started full-timing this summer. Both stays were quite, with plenty of things to explore around the property.

Pro’s: The back-in and full time sites have ample space for those looking for a longer stay, but the pull through a usually aren’t full so they provide decent space as well. Activities everywhere! There are pavilions and out buildings setup with games, hammocks, and all kinds of fun family-friendly things to see and do.

Cons: The grounds were “under construction” while we were there so there was occasionally some tractor/dozer noise. Some sites were unavailable due to them being revamped.

Collectively it was a very good experience. The staff was very friendly, and even put us in a nice long term stay when there was a booking error, so we ended up with a huge spot near the creek. I only take off a star due to spacing of the sites, but I would stay here again.

Amazing Spot

This is such a great spot. Affordable, walking distance to town and yet the grounds make you feel like you’re in a park far away from everything. Beautiful pines on property and lots of local hiking nearby. It’s January, so quiet season. I am able to walk my dog over the few acres and really enjoy the property, the creek (Barren Fork) & wildlife. Mickey is the guy, if you need anything. He and his electrician really went above and beyond to get me set up. These are good people. And this place rocks. Can’t wait for kayak season.

Great experience in the primitive camping area.

Loved it. Great spot. Plenty of space. Friendly staff.

Year 2021 Flag