The best GROUP camping near
Lazy Acres , TENNESSEE

Most Recent Lazy Acres Camping Reviews
Secluded But In the Middle Of It All

This was a great little campground. It’s just a very short drive to Gatlinburg and the Sugarlands Visitor Center of GSM National Park. The campground offers full hookups, PRIVATE bathrooms with great showers, ice and firewood sales, shuttle to downtown, and waterfront sites. We stayed in site #16 and it was perfect! It’s one of their wider sites so we didn’t feel we were on top of our neighbors. The Little Pigeon River was just steps off the back of our camper. My kids enjoyed the swimming hike as well although the water was freezing. The staff was friendly and everything was very clean. It’s pricey, but I’d definitely go back!

Would visit again!

I love Elkmont because of the River…and we were finally able to get a reservation on the River (B09) and I’m shocked to say I won’t stay on the River again. River spots are closer together and talking over the roaring is difficult at times. Gorgeous but loud. Waste water system was being worked on so Port-o-Potties were setup where each bathroom was. Inconvenient, but they were cleaned and pumped out each day which made it tolerable. Concessions stand doesn’t open until May. This campground remains a favorite of mine, but our trip was not what I had expected it to be this time. Will 100% go back and I think everyone should stay there at least once.

Nice but....

This is a campground with lots of trees and water front lots but seems like the prime areas are filled with long term campers, so much for the 14 day limit, no openings for the weekenders near the beach area and only a couple of waterfront sites are available. The road is rutted and potholes thru out and our neighbors ran their generator all night, very loud considering I was in a tent. I’ll probably stay again but not my top choice.

Wonderful park, great campground, can’t say enough good things ...

Well maintained, large campground. Plenty of bathroom/shower facilities located around the campground; clean and functional. Lots of good hiking nearby, as well as other outdoor activities (that I didn’t do). Informative visitor’s center with helpful rangers onsite (even on weekends). Great history lessons about the Big South Fork area, interpretive hikes (which I did do) and fair warning about the ticks.

Clean, Convenient, and Friendly.

If you're going to go to Smokie Mountain National Park, the is the side to stay on. Gatlinburg is absolutely nuts while Townsend is about 1000% calmer. The KOA is exactly what you'd expect. Knowledgeable staff and clean facilities.

Pros:

-Fantastic bathrooms and showers. Laundry was on point as well.

-The river is beautiful

-Immediate access to the national park

Cons:

-Like most KOAs, it's packed.

-Children run the night like Westside Story.

-The playground was the center hub of a swarm of bees.

Long story short, stay here. It's great.

Deiving tour and hike

Unreal and must visit Smoky Mountain destination. Awesome automobile loop scenic drive and several other hiking paths we took. All sort of wildlife and abandon cabins and farm houses.

Stepping back in time

Walked, hiked and toured the Elkmont area and campground in the Smoky Mountains. Campground not yet open but have spots picked out next to heavy flowing streams. Great history as old time cabins have been preserved. Read about the history of this little now abandon town. Some stuff it’s haunted. Awesome day here.

Beautiful Campground

Great trails, walkways, and a lot of activities available (tennis courts, basketball, frisbee, etc.). The restrooms/showers were clean and well stocked. The only drawback was the slow, and sometimes non-existent, wi-fi service.

Good Place for Families

The Townsend KOA is located close to the entrance of Cades Cove. It has many rv, tent, and cabin sites. The sites on the river seem to be the best. They are out of the way and a little more spaced out. We had the pull thru patio site #61. The site itself is really nice. It has a big patio and fire pit. The major downside is it’s next the main in/out and basketball court. So cars are driving by and the basketball court was slightly annoying. Lots of screaming kids and bouncing balls all day until midnight the first night. Not very peaceful. It’s weird that they put one of the nicer sites next to the court. Other than the site location everything was nice. The playground is large and nice. There’s a great store on site. The people were really helpful. Cellphone and WiFi was very hit and miss. I would definitely stay again but not in that site.

Upscale Camping

The Ridge is really nice and fully paved. We went when the large top section was closed, so it wasn’t crowded, but I would think fully open it could seem crowded. The playground is small and crowded at times. One of the couples with us rented a Glamping Tent. It was a lot nicer than I imagined. Full kitchen and bathroom.