The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Byrdstown , TENNESSEE

Camping Tennessee Byrdstown Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Byrdstown Camping Reviews
Pretty Basic

Super simple, not many trees or landscaping. No shade so super hot in summer. The farm next door had donkeys that visited. Clean and simple. An easy place to crash for the night but nothing special. Sunset was very pretty.

Nice clean campground

Very clean great view of the lake

OMG! O

We stayed for a few days and as a backpacker, the local hikes are some of the best I have ever seen! I would say most of the hikes are moderate, although some say easy. Grandma couldn’t leisurely walk, or scale some of the trails, so you have been warned. But for able bodied persons, the hikes are all doable. There are quite the variety of hike lengths to choose from, from short and squatty, to full day hikes. I’ll submit some of my favorite shots below. For RVs - I was towing a 21 ft trailer and my site at the bottom of the hill, which was away from other campers, but the grade was ridiculous! I had 6” of block height to level side to side! I heard other complaints from other longer tongue pullers as well, regarding the difficulty getting into their sites. Most of the sites are small, too close to other campers, or too close to the smell of the privies. But if you are hiking the area, I think the stay could be worth some of the hassle. There is a pull through dump station on the loop. There is electric and water. Tent campers - probably have plenty of room to spread out, some with power hookups and the convenience of showers at a central bathhouse. Daytime picnics - a beautifully large area to choose from and see. Lots of selections, all of them very well social distanced, family friendly and shaded with trees. Soooo much to see.

Compact place

This campground had about 10 sites all very close together except site #1 which was right near the main parking lot the volt toilets stunk bad worse one I’ve been in we stayed for 2 nights and it wasn’t cleaned at all the iron bridge was pretty though!

Great Family Camping

The only reason I went with 4 stars is the fact that the camping spots are a little close together for my liking. Other than that, the staff were very nice, there are great amenities, and the bathrooms were clean. We would not hesitate to camp here again.

Quiet and Peaceful

Nice little park with some neat things to see and do. Staff was friendly and helpful. The campground was well kept. Be mindful Of the notice on the website about entering the park via Hwy 52. That’s a legit warning. Thankfully we were aware of that because our GPS tried to take us that way. As mentioned before, it is a small park. Although our campsite was listed as 42 foot in length our TT is 32 feet), my very experienced in driving a trailer husband had to take several attempts to back in due to trees closely lining the road and drop offs on the side of the road. The park employee explained to us that he has mentioned the issue to his supervisor but he is not allowed to remove the trees that block path for backing up. He says most people just “drive over the timbers” where the drive way is. We are rule followers and my husband is meticulous as well, so he’d never do that! The site was very unlevel as well. It was list to have a “slight” grade and I’d beg to differ on that. We were backed up to overhang the site and maxed out our tongue jack and was barely able to get level. All in all, it was a great park and trip, but it’s definitely not made for bigger travel trailers or RVs, and even though it lists it will fit, it might be nearly impossible to make that happen in some situations.

Our favorite campground in Kentucky

This campground is well maintained, quiet and beautiful. You can fish, hike, kayak or just relax. It’s great for the whole family and the snack shack has great burgers & ice cream for those times you don’t want to cook. The trout stream is beautiful and you can always see plenty of wildlife.

Great for kids, nice amenities

This was a great little campsite. They had several activities for kids, a nice little fishing pond, a restaurant where they hosted bingo games and other activities, and a hot tub. The food at the restaurant was good and the staff were all very friendly. They even let me sit in their restaurant really early in the morning to teach some classes online. If you go in fall, there is a nice farm with loads of fun fall activities.

Excellent week

We stayed here as a home base for visiting family in June.

There is little to no cell service in the park. You’re about 10-15 minutes from the grocery store.

The site (7) was spacious (we had a teardrop, shower/changing tent, ground tent, and rooftop tent). Did not have any issues with electric the whole time we were there.

Bathrooms were cleaned and stocked regularly. Staff was super friendly. We rented kayaks to take out on the lake. The rental price was reasonable and the lake was spectacular. There is even a kayak launch under the dock. The playground was great. The creek under the dam was awesome for wading, just look out for snakes.

We didn’t get to hike as we were doing other things but the neighbors told us the trails were well maintained with gorgeous views. The park is huge and would take awhile to fully explore.

The south entrance is a single lane bridge with a sharp turn so longer rigs need to come in on the north end.

Great State Park

Cumberland Mountain State Park has everything you need for a great time outdoors. Located near Crossville, the park is close to restaurants, shopping, a winery, and some antique shops too, if you want to venture out. Crossville is on the Cumberland Plateau, and even in the middle of summer, it is very pleasant at night, and even with the park being fully booked, it was so quiet and peaceful! The park has a lake with kayak, canoe, and paddle board rentals, and fishing is allowed. I saw several playgrounds in different areas of the park, and it’s really good for bike riding. The office has any essentials you might need. I had a site in area 3, which has water and electric, it was pretty much level and very spacious. I did make a note that area 1 has full hookups, so I plan to try to get a spot in there next time, even though the spots looked a little smaller. This is a really nice state park.