the dyrt
Drive In, Boat In
US Army Corps of Engineers
Dale Hollow Dam is located in Tennessee
2 Reviews of Dale Hollow Dam
Close to water, but not really easily accessible from campsites.

Near a fish hatchery so you should be able to catch rainbow trout, four of us fished for an hour and a half and never got a nibble. Some sites are shaded but others are completely sun. Very nice camp hosts.

Great Views Nice Pricing

With only one non improved site I was a little hesitant of this site. I didn't really need electricity but I went ahead and opted into the $27 site and charged my devices for the evening.

I arrived and noticed that this is a decently sized campground right by the dam area. The views of the water and all the activities which that can include was perfect and access to the information center was just a short drive. I was very impressed.

I settled in and while it was pretty crowded at the campsite, it was not loud like some campgrounds I have stayed at along the way. Roads were gravel and easy to navigate and each campsite was fitted with the typical camp ring and picnic table. Sites were level and there was a nice mix of RV campers and tent campers at the facility.

This was a great area to spend a little time on the road because of its amenities and proximity to the water. I loved the surroundings and how green everything was coming from the dry Texas vegetation. It was very cool to also see how the dam contributes to the area and the information they have available when staying at the campground.

TIPS:

• Check out any number of water sports available in the area and soak in the area fully.

• Do be aware of the events taking place throughout the year 2018 celebrating the 75th anniversary of the dam. During some of these activities camping can be very difficult to lock in.

• Pay attention to the firewood regulations!