Standard (Tent/RV)

Max Length: 40 ft.
Dale Hollow Lake State Park is located in Kentucky
7 Reviews of Dale Hollow Lake State Park
Great Family Camping

The only reason I went with 4 stars is the fact that the camping spots are a little close together for my liking. Other than that, the staff were very nice, there are great amenities, and the bathrooms were clean. We would not hesitate to camp here again.

Beautiful camp!

I love the way this campground is set up. Sites are in sections in small loops. Very good for families. Kids can ride their bikes around the circle. Playgrounds are everywhere. Very clean. Full hookups. Nice pool and mini golf too! Only downfall here is their isn’t really a place to access gorgeous dale hollow lake without a boat… we could see it with a small drive but there isn’t a beach on the KY side. I also wish they would have mentioned the length to water hookup. We ended up having to go buy a longer water hose bc the hookup was more than 30 foot away. We now keep a 50 foot hose, but didn’t realize at the time there was actually hookups that far away.

Something different

Campsites are on loops off the main loop/road. It puts 7-8 sites in a circle so it’s possible for families to rent multiple site in same loop. Plenty of room for kids to play and also has a swimming pool!

Perfect getaway for a family

My only complaint is I didn't have more time to spend. Our site (L4) was shaded all day long, which is important when you tent camp. The grounds are well kept. Plenty of park hosted activities for kiddos and adults. A lot of trails, good clean pool, nice clean bathrooms, excellent staff!

A great place to stay

This is a great campground. The sites are laid out like 8 spokes in a wheel, with plenty of space between sites. The facilities are kept clean. The staff is very helpful, nice and friendly. The golf course there is challenging, but absolutely gorgeous.

It is definitely worth the stay

Almost a 5 star

Dale Hollow Lake State Resort Park is right on the Kentucky/ Tennessee boarder and not a short drive from anywhere. It is out in the farmlands, but worth the drive.

I drove to it from Cumberland Parkway, a very picturesque drive. The GPS took me right to the entrance no issues like there are with some other parks.

Once there the main areas are very well marked. The camp store has a somewhat useful map that will get you there by road.

My disappointment and frustration was the trails marked on the map. I'm not sure if some spurs are new, not used often or being reclaimed but we would start down a trail that had a trailhead sign and then the trail would just disappear into the weeds or a field with no signage.

The trail to Eagle Point was well used and a good walk to an awesome view.

The Campground is set up in what I call wagon train circles (lol) if your going with a large group it's perfect. People parked their toys and cars in the middle and set up in the sites around the hub.

if your not with a group you will probably have an opportunity to met your neighbor. There is not a lot of shade. There is a pool on site and cute little blue cabins to rent. Newer restrooms and a dumpstation. Tge horse ampground was adjacent to the regular campground.

The Marina and Lodge are at the end of the road and there was a golf course on the way in. Pretty much covers all the bases of outdoor entertainment.

nice

sites: horse sites available. wooded area around campground. semi-private sites. amenities: lake. pool. other attractions: lodge/camping cabins. restaurant. I would go back again.

Cyber Monday Gift Extended 6 months of FREE PRO camping features. Get Your Gift