Dakota Dunes, SOUTH DAKOTA

Camping South Dakota Dakota Dunes

Most Recent Dakota Dunes Camping Reviews
Nice park

Nice relaxing place and plenty of park

Our favorite park.

Plenty to do for everyone. Very well kept park. Can't be beat.

Great Find

Oh my the rate was 19.00 for full 50 amp hookup Beautiful state park in the water nice level sites paved Fire rings and tables Would definitely recommend this place it is a must stop!

Great location on the river !

This is our go to spot when we travel to Sioux City Iowa for basketball. Right across the river with a great view! Clean restrooms and showers!  Third year here.  Great staff too!

City park

Nice area, electric at each site, both 30 and 50 amp service. $ 15 a night. Water licated centrally.

You will enjoy

I enjoyed my stay, it was quit and clean. Will go back again.

Camping sites in odd location

Lions Park is located in the town of Vermillion at a park. The sites are against the brick building that is the recreation center. When we pulled up we decided not to stay as the few sites that were there were so close together and the sites that had campers there looked to be permanent residents. There was a nice playground and restroom. The restroom looked to e shared with the ball fields next to the camp sites. I guess if you needed to stay because you had people playing at the fields it would be very convenient. I myself would not find these sites relaxing or peaceful.

Secluded and peaceful

Clay County Park is located 4 miles outside of Vermillion South Dakota. It is secluded and peaceful. There were a few down falls. A lot of the sites were taken by either people who lived there full time or people who leave their camper there for the whole summer. Also the camp ground hosts weren’t friendly like all the other camp grounds we visit. But it was peaceful and pretty. The sites were very nice sized. You didn’t feel like you were right on top of each other. They are Electric only and there is drinking water and sewage dump close by. There was 2 nice restrooms and 1 vaulted toilet. There was a few trails, 1 leading to the Missouri River. Down the road (not far) is a nice shelter next to the river and a boat ramp.

Good for the family

Nice bath houses. Clean area. Good for the family.