The best WALK IN camping near
Wildaire , SOUTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Wildaire Camping Reviews
Everything you could want

I was born in SC and my parents retired just across the NC state line. I have camped most of my life. I am ashamed to say this was my first time here, but it won't be my last. Fishing, hiking, kayaking, swimming, birding. All that combined with quiet serenity. The host was wonderful. The bathrooms were dated, but clean. Hot Showers. You are also within a short drive to Travelors Rest or about 45 min - 1 hr to Greenville. Greenville. SC. A great day trip. Ashville is also worth a drive to visit Biltmore.

Kings mountain National military park

Sweet little 4 mile hike back to a primitive camping area. There is one designated area but we passed a few campsite scattered along other areas of the trail. The National park sits back-to-back with the state park and is joined by a nice trail.

Great place for a stop.

Not too far off of I-26 about a half mile down a well-maintained gravel road. Plenty of level campsites. Two out houses that seem to be cleaned about once a week. Fire pits and picnic tables at most campsites.

Awesome campground run by the NICEST family

I have brought family here, planned a girls trip here, planned just nice getaways here.. etc. And I'll keep on coming back because this camping spot is incredible for the cabin or the rv camping experience. The sites are well spaced. The grounds are well planned. Everyone is so nice. It is just awesome out here.

Great fun!

My family of four stayed here for 3 nights and loved it, even though it rained a little. There is the Stumphouse tunnel and a waterfall nearby that are a lot of fun too. My daughter enjoyed paddleboats and mini golf. The prices were great for activities. We would love to come here again.

Beautiful and convenient

This was just a stop-over for us on a longer road trip. It’s location is convenient to the interstate, Asheville, and the Blue Ridge. Sites were beautifully wooded, ample hiking nearby. Bathrooms were clean. Will definitely return!

North Mills River - NC

Campsite was clean and well maintained. My family enjoyed being so close to the river and exploring a new area.

Hidden gem of South Carolina

Have waited six months into our RV life to start reviews for fair comparisons. Spent 4 nights here. Mortified to say that this was our first time here despite living in Charleston, SC for over 10 years. What a gem! Fabulous solid hiking including waterfalls and biking even around the park’s roads. Love the feel of this campground. Living in the forest. And one of the most friendly camp hosts we have encountered. Could easily have stayed here longer.

Pleasantly Surprised

We stayed here for a weekend in March 2021 and were surprised at how much we liked it. There are lots of trails close to the campground with one around a lake and a stream off of it. Facilities were very well maintained. Only downside not all lots level and some stumps that were hard to manuver around to park and to leave spot.

Great County Park

We stayed for 10 days with our 37 ft travel trailer. There's only 3 sites that could realistically handle this size or larger. No sewer hook ups, but thats not an issue for us. The rangers kept the bathhouse immaculate. They take such great care of the whole park! If we get back out this way, we will definitely be back!