Olanta, SOUTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Olanta Camping Reviews
Great experience!

I have loved staying at swamp fox camp ground. We stayed for a few months and have adored all the people here. Especially the ones who work here. Always kept clean and friendly.

Beautiful with wildlife

Bald eagles,owls,otter, fish. It's beautiful

Great little place

Nothing to do here but camp and enjoy the day. They will have a beautiful when it fills up. Good hiking trails

Santee State park

BE CAREFUL EROSION IS SEVERE IN SECTIONS OF THE PARK. We stayed here for a week to take care of some medical issues. VA healthcare is difficult on the road. Anyway the campground is ok, nothing amazing. The location is nice. They have a boat dock. Cabins and 2 RV camping areas. The bugs are plentiful. The shoreline is difficult to reach from the campground. I see the lots are mowed after the campers leave. The grass gets mowed and anything left on the ground gets chopped up, small trash included. When we arrived with our RV we were neve directed to check in. We found our site and on the pole was a small tag with our name and a checkout date. We have been here 5 of the 7 days and we have yet to see the camp host unless he IS the "Mad Mower" even so we didnt get as much as a wave. My wife did venture over to the restroom / showers and refuses to return. She said they were not clean and had bugs everywhere and it was disgusting.  I figured she was exaggerating so I checked the men's room. It really needs some help. I would be happy to spray down a bath house or 2 but since I haven't seen a camp host I will leave it be. It's amazing how much fellow campers will help out if they have the opportunity,  I was ready to help and even have everything needed to help out. Maybe I will see him this weekend before I get busy with other things. Anyways this came was not a bad experience so far but I think they really need some better hosts and maybe set up some kind of activities. They have nothing going on here other than the lake. UPDATE: Before we left our week stay in santee we were able to visit the other campground connect to the same park to get to this side you must turn right. They were collecting a $2 fee. At 1st everything seemed ok. Minor road damage, downed trees here and there, nothing that 2ould keepme away. It seemed like the permanent camps were here. Some of the camps appear to have been set up for a very long time. As we went back the roads got worse and worse. I would not take my rig into the back 2 loops without locking in 4 wheel drive and riding on the "grass" to go around. The road in the back has some major road erosion going on. I suggest you walk back before taking a rig of any size back there. With the leaves on the ground it does not look bad. I saw drops of at least 12" BE VERY CAREFUL, THE ROAD EROSION IS SEVERE.

Great

Excellent staff and facility. Five stars

Keep going back

This campground offers wildlife and great views. We were able to go hiking and kayaking at this park and saw deer while at our campsite in the evenings. We’ve stayed twice now and enjoyed it both times in different sites.

Peaceful

For our first time camping in our RV the staff was very friendly and helpful. The crew escorted us to our campsite, made sure we where happy. This was done with anyone who came in to camp.

If you don’t feel like cooking, order their awesome pizza, wings and they will deliver it to you by golf cart.

Our trash was picked up every morning. Campsite, pool and laundry area was kept clean.

We had an awesome view from our campsite of Santee Lake. We definitely will be coming back!

We loved it!

Our family of five was able to do hiking, boating, and geocaching! We love this place so much :-)

Great state park

Had a great time hiking and fishing

Great campground

They have 2 different campgrounds one which has been updated. We have stayed here several times and have enjoyed it every time. They have a few trails to hike. Both campgrounds are on Lake Marion. There is a little BBQ restaurant called Lone Star right outside the park that is pretty good. Bathhouses are in decent shape.

Lovely stay

Lovely campground, the office workers are very friendly. There are a few full timers there who are always friendly and helpful. Highly recommend this RV park.

Just OK.

Bathrooms nasty. Rough roads. Nice lake.

Awesome Spot for a race

Camping to the general public is not permitted here unless you’re in a group, or volunteering. The first weekend in March most of the roads in the refuge are closed and is staged out for the Sandblast Rally. Tons of fun for a volunteer and a great excuse to be outdoors.

Small cozy site

Only about 25 or so sites. All with water and electric hookups. Per did not work at our site so we had to move from our great lake view site to one next to the bath house. Hiking trails not do good

Crowded and Worn

A beautiful location on the lake. All campsites can probably see the lake a little.

Downside is that it's super crowded. Apparently all the fishermen drag their families in along with their boats. While they're fishing, Mom and the kids are left in the campground.

Amenities are standard for SC parks, but they're worn-out. Could definitely use a refresh.

Great little spot for everyone

Awesome park about ten minutes outside of Florence. Has an environmental learning center. A canopy boardwalk in the trees. Kayak loading dock. And small campground with archery course.

Permit needed

Large area where dog training sport hunting is permitted. Not a campground. However home to the largest rally race in the southeast!

Camping with permit only

Home to an awesome rally that takes place in the month of March.

Primitive, yet plentiful

Awesome primitive little get away, with beautiful views. Rustic stone and wood shelters. Ponds for fishing. Far away from city lights so great for stargazing.

Awesome little spot

Great little park about 20 minute drive from Florence. Clean bathrooms. My dog was a bit confused by seeing horses for the first time. Super friendly staff.

Perfect

Perfect little gem on the outskirts of a dirty little town. Many amenities, beautiful views. A cute little beach area with kayak and canoe rentals. Day area open from 8am to sunset.

Off the Beaten path

5 of us on 4 motorcycles needed a place to stay for the night on the way to Myrtle Beach bike week. After you drive down a long sandy rutty road you come to the farm. A little oasis for the road weary. Mostly long term trailers are here but the do have tent camping. Nestled in the woods with sandy soil. Excellent rates. 25$ for the 5 of us and the best bathrooms ever!

It was packed

They pack you in this campground, but it was pretty nice, with some great views. They had a little shop and a pizza place coming soon. We’ll go back.

Great State Park

We enjoyed our long stay at Santee. Spotted a gator on sinkhole trail. Took the fisheagle boat tour. Photos and details on the link.

WPP

Off in the sticks. Nothing around it. Witness Protection Program

Nice place

Peaceful. Even being close to road…awesome until the 2 mexcans started playing their music. They we're close enough to office to be heard…