Standard (Tent/RV)
Pull-Through Sites
Max Length: 45 ft.
Little Pee Dee is located in South Carolina
6 Reviews of Little Pee Dee
A quiet and clean state park

Little Pee Dee State Park is a quiet and clean campground on the banks of Lake Norton. Locals often come here for fishing and non-motorized boating.  We were fortunate to witness a mass crayfish event--the recent flooding had brought them out of the swamp and up the spillway, much to the delight of seafood lovers.

The campground had two different campground hosts, and they kept the restrooms and campsites immaculately clean.

Campsites have a fire ring/grate and a picnic table, but no trash cans, and you'll need to bring your trash to a large bin located at the edge of the campsites.

There are some nice sites right at the edge of Lake Norton, but the abundant water plants don't allow you to fish from the side of the lake, and it's not really a swimming lake. These sites accommodate RVs and have water & electric.  If you're on a budget, there are tent-only sites off the water.

The campground recently built a sleeping cabin, which is a cute structure with air conditioning/heat, bunk beds, and a free-standing bed (the cabin sleeps four, total). Guests can use a fire ring and Adirondack chairs, hammock, and grill.

The park also has a nice shelter for use.

There is no WiFi here, and cellular internet is spotty. There isn't a camp store, but the Ranger Station does have ice, firewood, and a small number of souvenirs for sale.

Quiet Woods

This campground is definitely off the beaten path, about 15 miles from I-95. There aren’t any stores around, so get your food and supplies before you arrive. It was only about half full when we camped. Restrooms are clean and campsites have a good amount of space. Each one also has a picnic table and campfire ring that you can cook on. The interior roads and sites are sand so you will get it in your camper. This Park is a really nice place to recharge and enjoy nature. You’ll fall asleep to a chorus of frogs every night!

Great little place

Nothing to do here but camp and enjoy the day. They will have a beautiful when it fills up. Good hiking trails

WPP

Off in the sticks. Nothing around it. Witness Protection Program

Great campground

I just love the name of this campground- Little Pee Dee is located in South Carolina and it is near the town of Dillon. The lake is absolutely beautiful, and one of my favorite things about this park. Part of the lake is from the Carolina Bay, and the coloring of the water is gorgeous. The campground and facilities are great. I thought the bathroom on site was very clean and taken care of. They also have a shower facility on site too. The shower facilities did get a little hot because there wasn't any fans in the area. It looked like they had some sort of heater, which would be nice for the winter. The area was a little hot and steamy after the shower. If you have kids they will love the playground that is in the campground as well. There are also a lot of great trails and hikes to do. My family and I did a hike everyday that we stayed here, for a total of 3 hikes. The scenery is gorgeous, especially the hikes that over look the lake. We camped with our RV, but you can also tent camp as well. I know when my family went in 2017 they had drained the lake because of a hurricane so If you plan on going I would suggest doing some research to see if the lake is back and running. If having no lake is fine with you, then I would definitely still recommend going. The hiking is amazing and worth the stay in itself.

Peaceful little park

After a full two days navigating down through the east coast cities, we landed at Little Pee Dee State park in South Carolina. The driveway is about two miles long, and is a beautiful road with tall pines and oak trees, both decorated with Spanish moss. We stopped at the ranger station to check in and were greeted by a friendly ranger who took our fee of I think only 20 dollers for a camp site. He gave us a park map and we proceeded to go set up camp. We chose a sweet site, not too far from the shower/commode house, but also nice and nestled in the trees. The park was very tidy and well cared for. After a good rest we woke up to birds a chirping and the smell of pines. Off to explore the trails. We found that the trails were easy to navigate. The camp sites are set up next to a large pond. From there the trails basically bring you on a trek around the pond. Many geese and birds are easy to spot as they enjoy the water. The trees are maintained so that they are not too thick. This allowed us to enjoy hunting for various flora. My overall impression of this park is of a well maintained and peaceful park. It is off the highway quite a bit, so the park is not overflowing with people. I would definitely go again.