The best YURTS camping near
Luzerne , PENNSYLVANIA

Most Recent Luzerne Camping Reviews
Beautiful hiking

No hook ups and bathrooms can get dirty. Sites are fairly private. Lake is great for kayaks and the falls hiking trail is amazing.

Huge Family Friendly Campground

This was our first trip to Keen Lake as a family. We took advantage of their "Gas Saver" program, which got us 4 weekends, including Labor Day weekend. Some of the sites are on the smaller side. It's HUGE so having a vehicle is almost necessary to get around. Campground and bathrooms were clean and well kept. Saturday night activities/music was a big hit with the kids. Pool is small but clean. Lake front beach is open and clean, but more rock than sand. Lots of rentals for water sports. Overall a great experience.

Incredible waterfalls

Excellent views and the ability to explore and experience the waterfalls areas. Beach and lake activities are available as well.

Falls are worth the hype

Spent 3 nights at Ricketts Glen with my partner.

We took Falls Trail on a Monday morning around 9:30am and there were a few people on the trail already. By the time we finished the trail around noon, the entire parking lot was full. Definitely recommend an early start!

The beach is a one mile walk from the Big Loop, but very doable in flip flops. Nice and clean with rentals available.

Grandview trail was our last trail of the trip. A quick two miler that’s well marked and a fun quick hike.

Note to any campers: the turf at the campsite is HARD. If you’re trying to put stakes in the ground to secure your tent, you’ll need heavy duty stakes. We bent a few of our metal stakes and had to buy a rubber mallet to get anywhere (and still struggled).

Red Rock Corner Store is at the “base” of the park is a nice go-to for ice, soda, or last minute camp needs.

No cell service for me or my partner at the site (T-Mobile and Verizon), which we loved, but isn’t for everyone.

Quiet, just remote enough, a Great Lake, and nice camp hosts

I stayed for three nights in a pull through trailer site with 50 AMP and 30 AMP electric. Easy to get in and out of, nice and shady, big spaces so you were not on top of one another, and nice and quiet. Clean and modern bath house, water close by, and great camp hosts. Definitely recommend it.

Nice Lake, Small Campsites

Camped here for a weekend, and probably one of my least favorite sites so far. Hiking trails are good, the lake is nice, but there is no privacy at the campsites; they're all very small and packed tight. Two electric hookups would trip the 50 amp circuit breaker on any load about 30 amps, which means the hookups are old and unmaintained. Park rangers are hawkish and quick to assume wrongdoing.

Cell service covers the area, if you care. And no gas boats are allowed on the lake (cool!).

Beautiful State Park, Restful and Quiet Campground

I had the pleasure of staying three nights at Promised Land State Park; one in June 2018, the other two in July of that year. Our sites (383,385,402) were close to the bathhouse, a short walk away. Facilities were comparable to many state park campgrounds, and for the time of year, there were no wait times for shower or bathroom use.

During the July stay, there were reports of young orphaned bear cubs in the campsite area and we were asked to stow our food safely in a vehicle - our gear is a motorcycle and a Time Out trailer/tent that would not afford the sort of security for our food and belongings that was requested. The camp host kindly accommodated storage of our food and supplies overnight for as long as we stayed.

We did not get to see the entirety of the park, but did get to swim in the lake on premises. I will visit again and recommend this state park to anyone visiting the Poconos.

Beautiful waterfalls

The waterfalls are absolutely stunning. When I went the beach wasn't open so that was a bummer but the campground was really nice. Plenty of outdoorsy things to do. I'd say it's great for families. They also have pet sites.

Well worth a long Drive, and I so want to go back

I started off being Impressed that they called me saying there will be a don't drink the water notice going on a week before we were scheduled to visit, but they were going to have a large container with drinkable water by the main gate.  Then when we got there we loved the view of the lake from our campsite. The bathrooms were clean and well kept. The hiking trails were nice and rugged and all of the trails fit the landscapes, plus it was awesome to be able to walk right next to the many waterfalls and not have any railing (fair warning to people with vertigo)