Standard (Tent/RV)
Pull-Through Sites
Max Length: 80 ft.
Delaware Water Gap / Pocono Mountain KOA is located in Pennsylvania
6 Reviews of Delaware Water Gap / Pocono Mountain KOA
Socially distanced place to stay on business

In the age of Covid, I needed to travel for business and brought our camper for a place to stay for 4 nights. Here are the pros and cons that I saw:

PROS: -Our particular camp site was huge! There was plenty of room for us to spread out.

• We were very into socially distancing, and said so when we made our reservation. We were assigned a perfect site for this. We were away from people at the tip of a small hill and at the end of a road. It was perfect!

CONS: -The campground had many different types of sites. Some were big and socially distanced like the one we had. But some were extremely small and very close to the next camper. Some were in the woods and some were practically on the main road. I would not have been happy with some of those sites. So make sure you ask for what you want. -Depending upon how much you are into covid procedures… It was definitely clean and decently maintained. But I didn’t see anyone disinfecting common areas and the pool was full at many times. It was not a problem for us because we stayed away from common areas.

I would stay here again, but would make sure we chose our site beforehand. All in all a decent place.

Small and Not well kept

The campsites were small and right on top of each other. The whole campgrounds were smaller than the map lead me to believe. Also, the creek on the map is 4’ wide with stagnant water so no swimming or fishing. The mini golf and playground areas were overrun by grass and weeds that they didn’t even bother to cut let alone mulch. Not worth the trip in my opinion.

Great Stay

We enjoyed this campground! The pool was closed for the season when we were there, but the kids were able to enjoy an awesome playground and bounce pad. The roads were also great for them to ride on and get exercise. They REALLY enjoyed the art classes & the gem mining. So much fun for families!

Large area, family friendly!

Delaware Water Gap was a massive campground that was incredibly well kept and had spaces for both RVs and primitive camping. The site was very kid and pet friendly, outfitted with both a pet and children's playground(see pictures and videos). The primitive sites were separated from the RV area which is nice because it felt like we had more privacy that way. Each site had its own fire pit as well. If you stay here, be aware of the wild grouse that roam the whole campground!

Too close together

Sites are very close together. A dead spruce tree on our site had been spray painted green to make it appear alive. The upgraded patio site was nice and came with furniture, a grill and a beautiful fire pit area. But they had rented the patio site next to us to first time tenters who knew nothing about camping etiquette, so that put a damper on things. They do offer multiple options (tents, camper, teepees cabins etc…) but the place was laid out poorly and overall felt unwelcoming. The bath houses were dirty and smelled gross. Close to local attractions.

Hiking

If your a hiker, I'd recommmend this one!