The best RV SITES camping near
Luzerne , PENNSYLVANIA

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Luzerne Camping Reviews
Beautiful Campground and Awesome Owners

We own some property near this campground and have stayed here a few weekends as a home base while we clean up our property. The owners are just amazingly nice people, always very helpful! The campground itself is beautiful, it’s back a long lane from the main road so it is quiet and peaceful. Night time is especially beautiful, you can see tons of stars on a clear night. Everyone there, owners, employees, and campers alike are pleasant. The store is well stocked, and firewood is available 24/7. There is a small pool that we haven’t used yet, but it looks nice and well kept. The sites are a bit larger than average and are pretty level, but make sure to bring leveling blocks. The sites themselves are well kept and have a big fire pit and picnic table. I would suggest getting there while it is still light out, there is plenty of room on the roads to get your rig around the campground, but there are lots of trees and it gets a little hard sometimes to see where the road is vs a site. The store is well stocked with supplies, t shirts, and some RV necessities. Propane is also available as well. I don’t believe most sites have a sewer connection, and there is only one dump station, but the owner John was going around pumping people out Sunday morning when the line to the dump station was long. We were there in October, and the weekend they went they had a really cool walk through “haunted woods” that was a lot of fun. When we were there last weekend John was telling us about other events they are planning to do as well.

Pioneer Campground is truly a hidden gem, and I am looking forward to my next trip there!

Beautiful and serene state park

TLDR: I would go back to this park in a heartbeat!

So I just got him from Promised Land State Park and it couldn’t have been a more relaxing weekend. We stayed at Pickerel Point in one of the loops.

Pros: Beautiful scenery, nice bath houses, big sites, easy access to the lake and pickerel point beach. Small town about 5-10 mins away where you can get the very basics, and another larger town with a grocery store, liquor store, and hardware store about 20 minutes away

Cons: dump station is a little tricky to get into or out of with a longer rig, sites can be pretty far out of level so bring lots of leveling blocks. It took 30 lego levelers for us to get level.

Nice Spot In The Poconos

Sites are kinda close together but it was fairly quiet even though it was full. I was not able to get WiFi even though I paid for it. We had to park near the office to get it to work. Kind of a pain to not be able to use the booster for all our devices in the rig.

Seen Better Days

This place was kinda rundown and in rough shape. Lots of cabins that are seasonal but have seen better days. We were able to find a site that was out of the way and felt like we were the only ones there. Nice trails leading out our door. Many of the sites had unusable hookup post. No wifi but okay AT&T cell service.

Awesome primitive campsites

Absolutely love Moon Lake. Place has some of the best mountain bike trails in northeast pa. Camping is primitive but has spots big enough for RVs. Also. It’s free! Newly built tent pads as of last year. Fantastic place!

Been camping here for 20 years

I love this park, and have seen it really evolve over the past 20 years. There is something here for everyone whether you like to hike, fish, mountain bike or go white water rafting. The newly built park office and entrance rivals some national parks. Staff is helpful and professional and the campsites are always very well maintained. Hiking trails are clear with plenty of parking at the trailheads. Many of the trails lead to beautiful waterfalls and some even hold stocked trout. The town of Jim Thorpe is near by and has businesses that cater to outdoor adventures. Outlet shopping is also a short drive away for anyone look for something more on the mild side.

The first vacation.

This was where my now wife and step daughter shared our first vacation. So many wonderful memories. The camp ground itself is well maintained, as is the bath house and the amusement park is also great because you only pay for what you do, there isn't an entrance fee. We will always return I suspect. Also, if tents aren't your thing, they have cabin/cottages at a higher cost of course

Nice but small

The pool and bath house were nice and they had organized activities for the family but the sites could be a little larger. The one we had was cramped between the picnic table, fire ring, 6 person tent and the car. We have a Subaru Outback, I don't want to think how cramped it would have been if we had a large pick-up or full size SUV.

Beautiful nature

We camped right on the river. The trees and water are beautiful and so peaceful! Long walk to the bathrooms.

The Lake, Though....

I stayed on a lakeside electric/water site for 5 nights in August 2020.  It was SO BEAUTIFUL.  We had SUPs and kayaks to take on the lake and our sites were right next to the boat launch.  Each day we would paddle over to the swimming area on the lake.  It was awesome.  The sites seemed a little narrow when we first pulled in, but it was plenty.  The kids had fun riding bikes on the road, which was off the main road.  The bugs were better than I would have anticipated next to the lake, although some days the flies were a bit annoying.  The kids caught multiple sunnies and even a small perch.  All in all, we had a great time and plan to go back next year.