The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Fairdale , PENNSYLVANIA

Top Equestrian Campgrounds near Fairdale Pennsylvania

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Fairdale Camping Reviews

Older type bathhouses but very clean, stainless steel fixtures. The campground is in two areas but split into about 5 loops. A lot are paved with electric sites, a couple loops are I paved roads and mostly tent sites but very nice! Pretty peaceful place, well patrolled by park rangers!water access in all loops. Outside of camping area are picnic areas and a lovely swimming beach, nice electric only fishing lake!

Very comfy and private

This is our first trip out this year and the park is lovely. Mainly shaded spots with electric at most. Perfect place to get started with minimal water and dump capacity. Our daughter did use our portable dump cart for her grey water and they had to refill the water by hand but with a 60 gal water tank, we have managed well for 5 days.

Loads of trails to hike and lots to visit. I recommend the Mineral Springs and old cemetery for sure.

Beautiful location!

If you want a great spot for hiking, fishing, and star gazing, get to the Gandy Creek Dispersed Camping area of the Mon National Forest. Most sites are creek side, have multiple fire rings, and room for a couple of tents. The rhododendron/laurel make it cool in the spring/summer. One of the best times to go is late July through August (although the creek will be low). The road is well maintained, and there is a vault toilet at the Johnny Meadows site. Pack in/pack out rules apply.

Let a Local Give You The Scoop!

In the past 5 years, I've made 13 trips to Raccoon Creek State Park and spent 16 nights in a tent there. It is my local state park and I can tell you lots about it.

The D loop is really great tent camping at Raccoon Creek State Park. It's tents only, no RVs. So it gets a really fun, party vibe on Saturday nights during the summer. There's a trail right to the beach near the D loop, so it's a great place for families to go with pets. The sites are big, wooded, and all close to the bathroom.

The C loop, however, doesn't take pets (which stinks). When we have our dogs with us, we gravitate towards the C loop. It's fine, but it's not as fun as the D loop.

When we don't make a reservation and we have our dog, we end up in the F loop. It's not our preference (but--let's be clear--even the worst site in the F loop is better than NO trip!).

Raccoon creek campgrounds

Me and my friends arrived Monday, June 29th, and stayed until Wednesday, July 1st, at campsite E-31, the first night we stayed was a little bit of a challenge, as the neighbors where very noisy, and they didn’t stop until 3am, but by the morning, we’d all had at least some rest, we woke up and made some breakfast, and about an hour later we went to the beach, it was a very nice experience, the water was warm enough, the one weird thing about it was the man-made lakebed was made out of clay instead of sand, that threw us for a loop, but other than that, the beach was very nice, we stayed for around 2 hours and then departed, we went to the boat rentals and rented 4 kayaks, the lady at the rentals was very kind and helpful while we where renting the boats, this was probably the highlight of our trip, as it was a wonderful experience, the lake was beautiful, after kayaking, we bought some firewood and headed back to our little camp, the second night was miles better than the first, as the loud neighbors had left that morning, we did wake up to a raccoon walking around our tents though in the early morning hours, but he ran off pretty quick, once we where all awake, we planned on heading over to the horse trials, but little did we know, you must bring your own horse, so because we couldn’t ride horses, we went to the wildflower reserve, and it was amazing, you do have to walk on trails to see them, but it’s worth it, they’re all beautiful, after walking a trail there, we went back to the campsite and packed up to leave, overall, our trip was pretty nice, I’d definitely recommend going and staying a few nights, it was a fun trip

Loop f is pet friendly

We were in sight 32 f loop. It is sunny so pick your spots. Clean rr's with good showers but a bit old. There is a lake with swimming and kayak rentals

Raccoons raccoons and deer

This is my go to spot for camping when I have to just get away from it all. It's close to home plus it is a great place to take the dog out to swim and chase geese and ducks. A great little beach area to lay out and enjoy the 🌞 sun. The hiking trails are in excellent condition and the park keeps them clear of fallen debris.

Great access to water and hiking activites

This location is pretty great, especially since it's very close to Pittsburgh. You can go canoeing, hiking, swimming, and camping! There is even a nice snack bar during the summer! I only gave it 4/5 stars because it does not feel as remote as I like for when I  go camping to get away from the city!

Family Fun at this beautiful campground!

My family and I love Raccoon Creek State Park! It's beautiful and has everything you need for a great trip! Well maintained park with tons of stuff to do. They make sure the lake is readily stocked with fish. If your up for it I recommend the trails also. The wild flower reservation also has great trails.They have affordable boat rentals and the beach area is a nice spot to spend a day to relax. Camping is also great here. I've camped with my family several times with no complaints. The park rangers are also extremely helpful and very clear with the rules they want you to follow. Great fun for anyone!Lovely picnic areas. The bathrooms weren't the cleanest but I've seen worse! There were a lot of loud campers late at night(way after 11, even beyond as late as 12:30 am). Other than that, great!

Have to find the right camp spot

Went to Raccoon Creek State Park to camp for Labor Day weekend. We booked campsite F1 since we had 2 dogs and the F loop allowed dogs. This site was great! We could fit two tents and it was nice and secluded from the other sites. I recommend booking a site that is on the outside of the “loops” if you want some seclusion. The inner loop sites are right on top of each other, good for Rvs, not so much for tent camping. The bathrooms were a little bit of a hike, the next loop over, but they where clean and had flush toilets and running water along with a shower and sinks to wash dishes. There was a place to get water across from this site which was very convenient . The dog walking trails weren’t bad, but they where very up and down hill, at points steep and rocky. The spring was a really cool hike (right off the park office parking lot.) Down by the beach they had a place to buy wood, only $5 a bundle and the beach place also sells bags of ice. Overall a really good family campground!