Yurts
About Keystone State Park
Keystone State Park is located in Pennsylvania
12 Reviews of Keystone State Park
Great First RV Trip

We decided to go here for our first RV trip as it is close to home for us. Great first experience! We stayed at site 43 in the Hillside Loop because we brought our 2 large dogs. Site was very private and relatively flat. We did not use the bathroom facilities but they seemed nice. There is a lot to do in the park and the fact that it is very close to home means we will back again!

Hillside campground is where its at

Park itself is gorgeous with a large lake and designated swimming area.  Place attracts a lot of people in the summer as its basically in the Pittsburgh suburbs along a major road artery.  There are 2 campgrounds in the park, the hillside one and the one on the lake.  The lakeside one is a glorified trailer park and is packed during the summer with no privacy.  I hiked with my son all the trails in the park and cut through and did not like what I saw.  The hillside one doesn't get near the crowds and it set in the woods.  There are some very secluded sites.

Great place close to home

I loved camping here. The camping was great and the amenities were better than any other state park that I have been to. There was a lot of stuff to do swimming, kayaking, hiking and biking. I only wish that we would have taken our bikes. That’s the only thing that would have made the weekend better. The beach and playground are a pretty long walk from the campsite so we drove which I was fine with but walking (if it was a little closer) or biking would have been better for us.

Great campground

Electric only. The lake is nice. Bathhouses are clean and in good shape. The beach is really taken care of. Quiet.

Clean and Friendly place

Can be crowded during summer times but always clean and well maintained. Everybody is very friendly and great place to fish with young children.

Nice experience

Great views

Keystone

Camground isn't very nice. Has a big beach on the lake and playground.

Nice Place and very reasonable

small lake where you can fish, paddle boat, and swim. quiet hours and parking are strictly enforced. Bathrooms are typical for a state park. activities are limited.

Keystone State Park

This is the Keystone State and this is a pretty low-key park. Enjoy boating, fishing, educational programs, and hiking through different types of environments. Get the yurt or cabins if you can, they also have modern camping with different hookup options and a shower house. The showers were especially clean and hot when we were there in May a few years back.

Keystone camping

The visitors center at Keystone was beautiful and informative of the local history which was very interesting how the park first came about.