Pryor Creek , OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Pryor Creek Camping Reviews
Beautiful Falls Great for Family

When traveling through Oklahoma, Natural Falls is a great place to camp. It’s on border of Arkansas and Oklahoma, near Siloam Springs. It’s peaceful. You can take your wheelchair on some of the trails and look at the Falls. There’s a steep hike down to the falls for those who can walk it. The road is paved and each site has cement pad. So if you have a special needs person with you they can get around with no prob. There is also discount for totally disabled people.

There are nice playgrounds, disc golf and trails. Camp in RV or tent. Definitely going back. Been twice already in one summer. (2019)

Make your reservation and learn more https://travelok.com

Beautiful Falls Great foe Family

Make your reservation and learn more https://travelok.com

We’ll be back

We love state campgrounds & Greenleaf State Park is one of our faves. We also have an adult son in a wheelchair so we have to be careful about where we go. We want to be able to push him around and go on trails that are wheelchair friendly. This campground had that. They also have an accessible site that has a HUGE pad. We were in the middle of the tent camping area; but hey we had a good view of the water.

If you like fishing it has a heated fishing dock which is cool so you can fish in the winter when cold. They have cabins & RV areas. 2 dump stations. There is water hookup. We were at the bottom of a hill but I say wheelchair friendly because I was able to wheel our son around the loops, into the heated dock, over to the marina on paved roads.

At the top of the hill is a splash pad, community picnic area ball field and paved trails which a wheelchair can go down. We prefer the accessible sit at bottom of hill since it was near the lake.

Make reservations by visiting https://travelok.com

Weekend at Greenleaf

We had a great experience at Greenleaf last weekend! They moved us to a better site without even asking and the staff were very attentive and friendly. There is a lot to do, paddle boat and canoes, fish, splash pad, putt putt, sand volleyball court, basketball hoop etc. Lunch at the marina was tasty. We had a great time on the hike to the hanging bridge. We enjoyed this park a lot with our two young sons.

Something for Most

Sequoyah State Park on Fort Gibson Lake offers a lot and people come from out of state to visit. There's a lodge, restaurant, golf course, paved trail, dirt trails, campgrounds, marina, and horseback riding in summer. I grew up nearby and still enjoy visiting.

Nice

Spent 3 nights, very good primitive camp ground,close to shopping, lot of tent camping

Too crowded for me

The hiking is awesome but the camping not so much. I like to be away from people and these campsites are very close together with no privacy. I prefer to make a day trip when I visit here instead of camp. We drive down early and go to the Wildlife Sanctuary and drive thru in Gentry Arkansas (20 min from Natural Falls) then we go hike the falls. You can’t swim there at all so when we leave the falls we stop down the road at Flint creek and go for a swim. The water is crystal clear and amazing. I’m posting pics of it bc it isn’t even on the map to add a review. You can also camp there but I have not. You have to pay to rent a tube or use the slides but if you walk down beside the fence to the right it’s free 😉

You can not camp here

You can not camp at the dam. You can camp at the Bluff down the road. If you do camp at the bluff, I would for sure visit the damn or even go for a day adventure. Getting to it is sketchy, the road turns to dirt and there are areas that people unfortunately dump trash but once you get to the dam (have to walk a little ways) it is beautiful and fun to explore the rocks, hike and for sure go fishing. Watch the rocks on the right side of the damn when the weather is nice bc snakes like to hide out in them (I think it’s cool to find them but most probably won’t) they won’t bother you. You can hike the shoreline down a ways and look for shells and cool driftwood. To get to the dam the ground is uneven and steep in some areas. There is no parking lot. Not many people go down there. Just make sure to not get stuck! There’s washed out areas but cars can make it. Last time I went we found lots of old cow bones along the river which was cool.

Good camping sites and hiking trails

I grew up in Oologah and spent many many nights camping here. The camping sites are good and close to restrooms, there is a nice sandy beach for swimming, a long rocky shoreline that is fun to explore and hunt shells, you can go fishing, boating, kayaking, visit goat island, the hiking trails are nice although I have been a couple of times and had a TON of ticks but not very often. There a lot to do!

Beautiful and peaceful

Full hookups on concrete pads. Close to swimming, fishing, nature and a 5 star restaurant. We stayed at the Choctaw campground. Will stay again.