Pryor Creek , OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Pryor Creek Camping Reviews
Lake was a Blast

We had our kids from VIrginia meet up with us at Tenkiller State Park this summer. Each of my daughters families stayed in the Courtyard Cottage which is like a vintage motel. It was located in the trees which was nice but they were disappointed in the room itself.

We stayed in a pull through site with our RV. My sister and her husband were next to us and her daughter and husband next to them. We had space to play outdoor games and had a lot of fun.

The highlight tho was renting a pontoon boat at Pine Cove Marina and spending the afternoon playing in the lake. The marina staff was very accommodating for our special needs son. They assisted us in getting his wheelchair on the boat and he loved it. We brought our inner tube and spent the day splashing around, swimming and having lunch on the lake.

The pontoon was a welcome treat. We booked this campground because of the amazing pool area for kids. It had a way to wheel the wheelchair into the pool and great activities for the kids. The only issue was no one was ever there to open the pool. We were there 4 days and on the day before we left, a Saturday, someone came to let us in at 4. That was disappointing. This campground was good but it could be amazing if it had better management.

We’ll be back

We love state campgrounds & Greenleaf State Park is one of our faves. We also have an adult son in a wheelchair so we have to be careful about where we go. We want to be able to push him around and go on trails that are wheelchair friendly. This campground had that. They also have an accessible site that has a HUGE pad. We were in the middle of the tent camping area; but hey we had a good view of the water.

If you like fishing it has a heated fishing dock which is cool so you can fish in the winter when cold. They have cabins & RV areas. 2 dump stations. There is water hookup. We were at the bottom of a hill but I say wheelchair friendly because I was able to wheel our son around the loops, into the heated dock, over to the marina on paved roads.

At the top of the hill is a splash pad, community picnic area ball field and paved trails which a wheelchair can go down. We prefer the accessible sit at bottom of hill since it was near the lake.

Make reservations by visiting https://travelok.com

Weekend at Greenleaf

We had a great experience at Greenleaf last weekend! They moved us to a better site without even asking and the staff were very attentive and friendly. There is a lot to do, paddle boat and canoes, fish, splash pad, putt putt, sand volleyball court, basketball hoop etc. Lunch at the marina was tasty. We had a great time on the hike to the hanging bridge. We enjoyed this park a lot with our two young sons.

Something for Most

Sequoyah State Park on Fort Gibson Lake offers a lot and people come from out of state to visit. There's a lodge, restaurant, golf course, paved trail, dirt trails, campgrounds, marina, and horseback riding in summer. I grew up nearby and still enjoy visiting.

Beautiful and peaceful

Full hookups on concrete pads. Close to swimming, fishing, nature and a 5 star restaurant. We stayed at the Choctaw campground. Will stay again.

Beautiful labor day

The lake and park are a definite hidden gem of Oklahoma.. the water was clearer than any other lake I’ve been to in OK.. beautiful cliffs .. great swimming .. would have been better with a boat and more time .. definitely will be going back .. one downfall which could have been due to the holiday weekend was the crowd ( day visitors setting up right in front of our site in an area that was not a campsite or a day area ..blocking the lake access and view)   and the tent sites are rather close together .. overall .. great place .. recommend it to anyone looking to camp or have a lake day in Oklahoma

Pretty Lake View

Stayed in B39 with a lake view and saw lots of bird wildlife. N9 sewer hookup but had a nice covered pavilion, fire ring, concrete pad with a concrete patio. Loved it.

Great campground on the lake

Reservations only so be sure to plan ahead. The best sites need to be reserved as many as 6 months in advance. Our favorite is A22 since it’s right on the water with a place for a boat and great area for swimming. The only inconvenience is this site is farthest from the shared water source. They do however allow a splitter valve. Best to fill your tank before heading out, bring 200’ of hose, or bring a couple water containers.

Calm and Great Activities

Busy on summer weekends, the best time to visit is during the week or during the off-season. The park has been voted best in Oklahoma and it shows. Peaceful camping near the lake and additional sites on top of the hill give a variety of options. We’ve used tents and campers with enjoyment for both. The lake has rentals and a marina/restaurant that does not disappoint.

As a bonus, there is a new splash pad that our kids enjoyed. The lake isn’t the best for swimming, so the splash pad works for the hot summer afternoons.

Great Hidden Spot

Camped in Tenkiller back in August 2018.

Got to the campground around 2pm after a long drive from northern Arkansas.  I had a reservation for a tent site, but when I got there, the rangers asked if I wanted to have a room in the Courtyard Cottages for half price since a very bad storm system was blowing in, and they were nowhere near full.  I was going to only be there for the one night, and had camped in storms the night before, so a chance to have a real room for the night was too good to pass up.

I chose the room, and was able to get everything in pretty quickly.  It was great to have a place to lay out all the still damp equipment on the porch area, as well as do some light clothing wash in the bathroom.

It turned out that the storms turned away and never materialized, so I had the late afternoon free to explore the park.  I rode my bike through all the camping and RV loops, and met quite a few people camping.  I was even able to take a little time in my hammock by the lake in the tent site I had reserved…It was a great view and I would have really loved to have tented there.

After the ride, I spent some time replacing a headlight in my Jeep and then ventured to explore the area.  I drove over to Soda Steve's for dinner…and IT WAS GREAT!  All in all, the area was quite nice.  After dinner I did a full drive around the southern end of the lake, to the marinas…then had a nice beer at Big Daddy's Right On The Dam Highway before heading to bed for the night.

The room, showers and location were all great.  Next time I hope to actually camp in the area.  I highly recommend taking the time to drive around the whole lake if possible.  The area is beautiful and the drive is very relaxing.