The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Gatesville , NORTH CAROLINA

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Gatesville Camping Reviews
Relaxation on the Sound.

This KOA is actually still under construction. As with everything else Covid-19 has set it back. But there are many sites available. A lot of the amenities are already available. Dog park, shower house, store, children's play area and they can fill your propane tanks for you. Full hookups with WiFi and cable. Drive through and back in sites with water views all around. We spent a week there and it was so relaxing. They also rent campers and little trailers. Check out their website.

Great Time, and Great Service

This was my first trip in my new travel trailer. What a great experience. Staff was friendly and knowledgeable. Sites were well organized and easy to access. The pull through spot really helped on my first adventure. Hook ups were clean, and easily accessible. I have no complaints or gripes with this locations. Highly recommend.

Very ordealy

Not a bad spot. More for military families but you can still enjoy yourself.

Don’t consider going if your going to use a trolling motor

After seeing some of the pictures I decided to call them ask how bad all the algae and overgrowth was and was told it was pretty clear. That was not the case, if you don’t plan on paddling with a kayak or maybe a canoe don’t risk it. I was going to take a Jon boat with a trolling motor and there are countless limbs and the overgrowth is terrible you will not make it through. Not the place to consider going if you want to camp out and fish

Good People !

DICUSSED

This campground is full of bugs. It also lacks the basic cleaning of bathhouses. They are full of bugs and dirt in both the outside and inside showers and management does nothing to change it.  When I complained I was given excuses. Would I stay there again NEVER.

Fantastic

Great campground. The people that work there are super helpful and super friendly. The location is very convenient!

Great family campground

I have camped here many times throughout my childhood and adulthood. Miles of trails and so much to do. Always with clean sites and attentive staff

A good place to stop near I-95

We stayed here recently while visiting friends in the area and this purpose it worked well. Plenty of grassy area. A family oriented campground with plenty of amenities to keep children entertained.

Full hook ups and well maintained.

ECU drop-off

We dropped off our daughter at ECU in August and needed a place to stay, and this was the closest campground with sites available. ECU is less than 30 minutes away, so it was convenient.

My dog and I arrived a couple of days before my wife and daughter because hurricane Isaias was on its way. Unfortunately, the storm hit hard and the campground lost power for two full days. When my family arrived, the power was still out and it was unbelievable hot and humid, so we ended up having to get a hotel nearby.

The owners and staff were super friendly and accommodating, and they tried their best to ensure my comfort and safety during the storm. The campground could use some updates, but it was adequate and met my needs. I read complaints concerning the roadways in the campground, but any experienced driver will have no issues navigating throughout the camp.

My experience was not ideal because of the storm, hence the 4 stars. But we will try again the next time we are in the area visiting our daughter at school.