The best RV SITES camping near
Gatesville , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Gatesville Camping Reviews
Understated Gem

I admit to being uncertain when I made reservations here.  I had not seen any pictures of it or a camp map. What a great surprise. Phyllis was very attentive and accomodating. The grounds are immaculate, sites are level and very well designed for optimal privacy. This property has many perks: dog friendly and has space to exercise your furbabies, boat ramp to explore the surrounding waterways, golfing, screened gazebo, laundry, David's Red Barn which did not have entertainment during our stay. The man made pond adds beauty and we sighted great blue heron daily. Perfect location to go and explore Edenton NC. Please check out this beautiful, interesting, and historical town. Eat at "Nothing Fancy". We highly recommend this Campground and will stay again if in the area.

Very ordealy

Not a bad spot. More for military families but you can still enjoy yourself.

Humble quiet campground with lots of fun events!

We have have spent many weekends here over the last few years and love it! We attended their Super Bowl event there, the crawfish bowl and many more. The personal are wonderful and have 0 issues with our sites or anything else there.

Pros*

-Clean

-Military discount offered

-Pet friendly

-Seasonal and Non-Seasonal Spots

-Open all year round.

-Best campground around.

-Quiet location off Knotts Island.

-Ferry Available into Camden, NC (fits out bus and 37ft TT).

-Beach access with wonderful views.

Cons*

Found broken glass on the beach a few times. It was cleaned up and no issues since.

Don’t consider going if your going to use a trolling motor

After seeing some of the pictures I decided to call them ask how bad all the algae and overgrowth was and was told it was pretty clear. That was not the case, if you don’t plan on paddling with a kayak or maybe a canoe don’t risk it. I was going to take a Jon boat with a trolling motor and there are countless limbs and the overgrowth is terrible you will not make it through. Not the place to consider going if you want to camp out and fish

This app has it in the wrong place!!

Why would you idiots have it 156mi in the wrong direction.

Closed 09/2020

Closed 08/2020

Good People !

DICUSSED

This campground is full of bugs. It also lacks the basic cleaning of bathhouses. They are full of bugs and dirt in both the outside and inside showers and management does nothing to change it.  When I complained I was given excuses. Would I stay there again NEVER.

Fantastic

Great campground. The people that work there are super helpful and super friendly. The location is very convenient!

Great stop-over

Just off I95. Stopped for rest on way to Virginia Beach. Easy access. Large sites. Clean and quiet. Affordable.