The best RV SITES camping near
Rifton , NEW YORK

Most Recent Rifton Camping Reviews
Family Friendly

This is a very nice campground for families. Has a lot of activities and facilities for campers. It is a bit more open and campsite can be a bit close to each other. But the place was very clean a friendly.

great place for the family

i love this place so much the activities are fun for the kids and everyone is so friendly

Convenient but not glamorous

Pros: easy to find, right off the highway, full hookups, open year round, big, same day reservations, friendly customer service

Cons: highway noise, not pretty / not in nature, close spots, no privacy

Fantastic, spacious campground

This is an amazing campground! We had plenty of space and easy access to the lake. We went on a busy weekend and they are currently only operating at 50% capacity. I would recommend reserving a spot well in advance. This is a very large campground with multiple different areas. It has a good water pump and the bathrooms were well maintained and had a nice sink washing area.

Beautiful hikes nearby

Very peaceful and quiet with lots to do in the area.

Nice place

Quiet and nice grounds.

Great campground

Clean. Well run campground. Beautiful area. Fishing on site. Crafts And events. Great camp store and grill and hot food

Pretty rad even when full

So close to the city you just can’t beat it. We found a cancellation for one of the group camping spots—63—(at half capacity due to Covid precautions), which was pretty delightful, if not that private. Sites 43 and 45 seem to be some of the best locations and most private while still near the bath house. Plenty of firewood to forage if they run out at the (charming, storybook) reservation cabin. Walk across the road down to the “beach” and take a dip. We’ll be back on a less crowded weekend.

Trailer park

Hate this place it sucks unless you have kids of not it’s not worth your time! Sites very close together also very expensive with not much to do

Not bad

I have given this place a higher rating in the past but having returned multiple times I have to lower it. The positives are: the grounds are very well kept, most sites are a very nice size, owners are pleasant, very quiet and relaxing. If you have kids there is not a lot for them to do. As for the lack of stars…the owners are pleasant but are constantly policing everyone, I have been reprimanded (yes I mean reprimanded) because my dog was walking on the grass (on a leash), it seems they like it if you stay on your site at all times. all but one of the seasonal campers i encountered and was camping near are very rude, not all are well kept, one even mowed the grass at 730am on the site next owers paying no attention to my dog who was tied out or that he was shooting debris all over me and my stuff. The price is too high and the over all tone has gotten very odd. I MAY try again next year to see if it got better but could only tolerate once this year.