The best BOAT IN camping near
Wildwood , NEW JERSEY

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Wildwood Camping Reviews
Great location

Explore cape may and the boardwalk while in the area. Some sites are very tough and have some trees that occasionally make it so only a dead perfect backing could get you in.

Great campground overall

We arrived at our hike-in site just after midnight and was pleasantly surprised that we were one of two groups of campers on that Thursday night. Firstly, the walk to hike in is gloriously short for car camping. We were able to schlep all of our gear in three trips. We had considered taking a wagon but I'm glad we didn't. The check in process the following day was very short, but be forewarned that if you leave the campground and return prior to getting your camping tag you may have to pay the park entrance fee (we did not but were warned).
There is sand everywhere (you are almost at the beach) so a small dustpan and brush will keep your tent tidy. The bathroom and showers are just outside the hike in parking lot, but could use an upgrade. The shower stalls don't have a private changing area, just a long bench on the opposite wall from the row of push-button showers. Also, the drain for the shower isn't in each stall so water tends to flood the area between the bench and the showers; bring a pair of shower shoes.  The water pressure was good and the shower was hot.  It may be a bit too much for little kids, though.  As the campground is usually fully booked, it would be nice to not have to leave my clothes and glasses on a public bench while I shower (I've had my Rx glasses stolen from a campground bathroom before). This is my only reason for the 4 star review. At night, we were able to hear the waves crashing on the beach, but have no ocean views. It was very soothing and I slept like a log! The camp store has wood for purchase, and scavenging dead wood wasn't a very successful for us outside of kindling.
There are plenty of walking and biking trails, a free nature center with a touch tank (tank closed on our visit due to Covid), and historic Fort Miles.
We would definitely stay again.

Rustic

Nice state park

Clean bathrooms and nice grounds

Nice for a oceanside Campground.

Weather was beautiful, ocean access easy, quiet campground.  Tip:  much more space on end site.  The busy road noise quieted down at night.

Great place

Staff was great. Plenty of things to do for the kids. We love the lake side campsites.

Peaceful, historicd

The tent site was big with lots of choice locations for your tent. There is a lot of privacy between the tent sites because of the trees.

The bathrooms were clean and modern. The camp store had lots of little items that I needed. And there was a Little Library.

The hikes in the campground are beautiful. The historic aspect of the Cape amazed me. It was a site for WWII soldiers to watch for enemy invaders. The towers are still there.

The ocean is beautiful but a bit of a walk from the tent campsites.

Great campground

Members Only

I spent quite a few years visiting this campground, however, it is a member-only property, wherein you must rent or own a lot within the grounds. Nonetheless, the community is tight-knit and offers a ton of opportunity for entertainment to include a pavilion, playground, marina, and boat slips. For boaters it is the quickest way to get to the Angola Bay for fishing, swimming, and more.