The best WALK IN camping near
Fairton , NEW JERSEY

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Fairton Camping Reviews

This was a last minute trip to end the season. Only stayed one night and most of the activities were closed due to it being November. Will definitely try this campground again when it’s a bit warmer. Open sites not many with privacy all though they did have a few premium sites with a paver patio with Adirondack chairs, a nice table with four chairs and built in fire pit! This campground is right on a creek with availability to use canoes.

Great location

Explore cape may and the boardwalk while in the area. Some sites are very tough and have some trees that occasionally make it so only a dead perfect backing could get you in.

Newbies

This is our first ever campsite with our new RV. It was a nice experience. Everybody was friendly. We had a large pull through lot with our 36 foot fifth wheel. Friends had a tiny lot with their shorter camper. They had no privacy. The sites were wooded and there were so many leaves all you could hear was leaf blowers throughout the day. Campers were blowing piles and piles of leaves along the road. Not sure what the policy is but I feel that the facility should clean up the leaves. It’s a good spot for kids.

Great campground overall

We arrived at our hike-in site just after midnight and was pleasantly surprised that we were one of two groups of campers on that Thursday night. Firstly, the walk to hike in is gloriously short for car camping. We were able to schlep all of our gear in three trips. We had considered taking a wagon but I'm glad we didn't. The check in process the following day was very short, but be forewarned that if you leave the campground and return prior to getting your camping tag you may have to pay the park entrance fee (we did not but were warned).
There is sand everywhere (you are almost at the beach) so a small dustpan and brush will keep your tent tidy. The bathroom and showers are just outside the hike in parking lot, but could use an upgrade. The shower stalls don't have a private changing area, just a long bench on the opposite wall from the row of push-button showers. Also, the drain for the shower isn't in each stall so water tends to flood the area between the bench and the showers; bring a pair of shower shoes.  The water pressure was good and the shower was hot.  It may be a bit too much for little kids, though.  As the campground is usually fully booked, it would be nice to not have to leave my clothes and glasses on a public bench while I shower (I've had my Rx glasses stolen from a campground bathroom before). This is my only reason for the 4 star review. At night, we were able to hear the waves crashing on the beach, but have no ocean views. It was very soothing and I slept like a log! The camp store has wood for purchase, and scavenging dead wood wasn't a very successful for us outside of kindling.
There are plenty of walking and biking trails, a free nature center with a touch tank (tank closed on our visit due to Covid), and historic Fort Miles.
We would definitely stay again.

Rustic

Nice in the fall

Quite site with pretty foliage.

Nice state park

Clean bathrooms and nice grounds

Lovely!!!!

What a clean, quiet, well cared for campground!!  I saw some negative comments on another site and was very surprised.  The sites are sufficiently large.  Certainly one can see other campers but check the site map and you can certainly find sites more private than others.

VERY dog friendly.  They have an off leash dog area and swimming  area.  The trails are nice, wooded, uncrowded.   Cross the street and you can access the canal trail surrounded by protected land.  Great for walking/biking combined with canal traffic watching.  We walked the dogs along trail and saw 1 other person. Another day we drove along the dirt roads along the canal and saw 2 other vehicles the whole time.

Easy to ride into Wilmington as well as very close to the Brandywine area.

Do yourself a favor and visit Hagley Museum!

I  definitely recommend this campground!

Secluded park close to DC

Nice spread out camp sites with power hookup.

Just a awesome place

We loved this campground. Friendly staff. Plenty for the kids to do. The river is right there to go tubing or kayaking. Playground is cool. They allow golfcarts which is a plus in my book.