Hannibal , MISSOURI

Most Recent Hannibal Camping Reviews
It's a pretty good campground

Our site was a good ways away from the road, and they're pretty generous with their firewood. Their bathrooms are pretty old though. All in all we enjoyed our stay.

Large campground area

I felt like we were in the deep woods. Not much grassy areas. Electric sites only. I felt there were not enough Shower houses or toilets for amount of camping spaces. Now for the great things about this camping are. Camping spots divided into three areas. Puma, Coyote and Badger. The Badger area was closed. I found the site 98 in the Puma area quite nice with a little more grassy area. The shower hose was very nice and clean. There were a few sites with semi view of the water. I recommend 77 and 82. Wonderful boat ramp off the beach. Great for kayaks. Nice fishing area. All in all a pretty good camp.

Good site

I had a great time here. The roads were paved, signs were marked clearly. Good connection on the phone service as well. Only issue I had was the amount of bugs that were everywhere. When I stepped out it felt like I was walking through a thousand spider webs everywhere. The bathrooms aren’t that clean either. That being said though, bugs are to be expected of a campground. Other than that though it was quiet and it was a nice stop.

Very clean and quiet campground

Bathrooms could have used more attention especially with the times, beach was nice and clean but could use a bathroom close by

I’ve been coming here since I was a kid...

We always stay in the main campground area. Either in a normal camper, pop-up, or tent, Siloam is a perfect place to stay. The bathroom and showers are good, and the walk from the main circle of sites is super close. The pines give great cover when hot and add that familiar pine sent to the whole park.

From hiking to fishing to boating/kayaking, there is a lot offered. I prefer to spend most of my time hiking and every once in a while, I will rent a kayak. The trails are pretty well marked and are best in mid/late fall or early spring. We’ve redone them numerous times and still enjoy them. My favorite trails are the Red Oak and Hoot Owl!

My family and I have always enjoyed Siloam Springs as a good weekend getaway!

Quiet

Lots to do here in the middle of nowhere! It's a county park, so you have basketball courts, soccer field, disc golf course, and a beautiful reservoir. Showers and restrooms. Electric at sites

Perfect location!

Stayed in coyote campground. Super close to hiking trails and the shower house was clean. Mostly non RV people here which made it a bit quieter. Still close to all the action and not far from the historical stuff or the town of Florida. This campground looks a little more primitive but it does have cabins, primitive and full hookups. This would be my vote for when we come back here.

Lots to do here but mostly just able to get away from the craziness. Hosts were great! Chatted with them for a bit and they are super experienced and very helpful. Positive is they are located right at the front.

They are doing some work on some of the gravel pads so some sites are closed but it’s all for the better so no complaints.

Serene, but beware of ticks!

This area has a lot to offer. We chose this campground bc it wasn’t as busy as others and there are some nice riding trails for bikes. We explored a lot of the woods and came out with a lot of ticks, both lonestar and deer. The ticks don’t take away from the place but you do need to be aware. The hosts were super friendly and when a problem arose they took care of it right away. Lots of families with kids riding bikes by the campground. Our site, 87, backs up to a cliff with water below after a short hike through the woods it opens to the lake.

Mark Twain and the town of Florida is right about 7 miles away so there is some educational stuff as well. As of now tho it is all shut down bc of covid restrictions. Monroe City is about 20 miles away if you need anything.

We would say site 79 was the best and anything in that little group was pretty awesome and secluded.

Lots of boating and fishing to be had! Enjoy!

Beautifully kept municipal campground

I stayed here for one night in a tent. There were some locals having a birthday party at the gazebo. They were friendly and told me that the attendant had left for the day. So resorted to leave the fee in a mailbox near the official's RV. The campground is right above a lovely, which I rode around on my bicycle in about thirty minutes. The showers are quite nice, with hot water and no additional cost. I would definitely stay here again.

A mix between primitive and RV Camping

We spent last night camping at Indian Camp Creek park and it’s a great mix between primitive camping with limited connection and camping at an RV parking lot. We took our 4 year old daughter tent camping for the first time and this was a great location. Although there’s only 8 individual tent spots available, it seems as though there’s always a spot available and each site is secluded by a group of trees. Each spacious site is equipped with a nice sized firepit, a concrete pad with a picnic table and a soft flat level space for a tent. One restroom with no running water is well kept and trash was picked up in the morning.

The park is loaded with activities. Great hiking trails, a huge kids playground, a pond with trails, and a full frisbee golf course. There’s a nice creek that runs through the front of the park you can cool off and float on a tube. The park is incredibly clean and well maintained. You could easily spend a weekend doing various activities without getting bored.

You can reserve a site online, but it has to be 4 days in advance otherwise it’s first come, first serve. There’s also the option for group camping, although we never checked it out.

All in all, it’s a great site, about 15 minutes away from wentzville. If you are looking for extreme primitive, or a place to park your camper, this is not your place.