Diamond , MISSOURI

Cyber Monday Gift Extended Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Diamond Camping Reviews
Great for Trout Fishing

Not my favorite of all parks but also not one to miss. Roaring river state park has a working trout fish hatchery. You can walk the holding tanks and feed the trout from baby to ready to be released into the river. There is also a cave you can walk in where you’ll find a pool of water that goes for miles underground. Roaring river has three different campgrounds. I prefer ground one and two…however the downside is the spots are not very spacious / far apart from those camping next to you. There are also several hiking trails through out the park, a visitors center, bath houses, a pool, and swimming holes (the water is very cold—great in the hot summer)

They are currently redoing the park in a multi million dollar project. The plan was to be completed already however due to COVID19 there have been some delays. I am excited to see the improvements once complete.

We LOVE It Here

Trails, Great fishing and White River access. Nice restrooms with hot showers. Electric only. Easy/Nice dump station on way out. We love site 36. Favorite fir sure!

Just pretty close to perfect

‘‘This Campground has sections. The one group is the (Sentury) Indian, and the second loop is the Eagle Point Fox loop. We were at the Sentry loop. We liked site 71 in that loop. It offered the most space and was a full hook up. That is one of the best things about this campground. Several full hookups. Boat ramp was nice. Not great but ok for kayaking. Nice swim beach. Campground host we met was not very friendly or helpful.

Great Corps of Engineers campground

Nestled on one of the best lakes in Missouri is this clean, family campground. Fairly level sites with quite a few lake sites. Nice boat ramp and swim area. Clean shower houses well located around the camping areas. Only complaint I could find with this location is trying to book an open spot and no full hook up. Loved this camp ground and will come back again.

Another Great Corps Park

This park is close to Lots of stores/food, but once inside you have nothing but beauty.

Swimming, fishing, boating, hiking, playground, and great facilities. Very clean.

Bring on the Deet!

Had an awesome hike, more incline/decline than I was expecting for the area! The caves were closed off due to walkway damage. Loved the lookout over the Missouri River! One less fun but not trip ruining detail, were the ticks. I went in August and they were pretty bad, tons on our legs and on my dog just from the hike. Next time I'll be prepared with deet!

Great site now!

This campground has gone through an extensive renovation this year and has bigger and more accessible sites. The water sites are all “on the water”! Very easy to get a bigger rig into these sites.. not the easiest drive to get here but worth the effort! The island sites are by far the best but the new shore side sites are great for smaller campers or tents. One of our favorite campgrounds in Beaver Lake.

Best MO State Park

We recently stayed here for thr first time and we can't wait to go back! Our camp attendants were amazing! The river is striking. Everyone is so friendly. We hiked, fished, swam, and enjoyed the nature center (2 kids 3 dogs). We are anxious to ckme back during different seasons to watch Natures beauty and wonder!

Pretty cool place

I grew up 30 miles from RR.. over the years I have camped or visited here it has grown and in some cases gotten a little crowded, but with good reason, it’s a beautiful and fun site with lots to do in and around the park area. From wishing to ORV to hiking to lake access it’s an all around fun area. The Trout farm is a fun tour and the trails around the area are easy to access.. big sites in most areas, the upper area has full hookups while the river bottom is not.

Solace

Quiet and friendly area and clean