Camping in Pigeon Cove

Recent Dispersed Reviews Near Pigeon Cove, Massachusetts

131 Reviews of 20 Pigeon Cove, Massachusetts Campgrounds

Gillian G.
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2021

The place was right in the beach. The sites are back-in level paved with concrete slab some grass and electric and water but bring a big hose because the water spigots are not lined up very well. (There supposed to remedy this)

Big bathhouses, convenience store in middle. The whole scenery is beautiful, close to Hampton Beach. Watch out for the black birds they'll fly into your screen tent, get in your trash and eat your 🍉 out of the rind. The sites are pretty close it's like parking lot with small yard. The water…

SiteF43
Michelle C.
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2021

Fussy management, lots of permanent residents

There are a lot more permanent sites than open sites for transient guests, and sadly many were run down. No dogs allowed.

Speed limit is 5 mph, don’t even try going 7 mph even on a downhill.

Beverages will be checked at the pool, only water allowed, no soda or alcohol. Mosquitos were out of…

Melissa B.
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2021

Favorite NH Spot

This has quickly become my favorite place to camp solely because of the sites all being in wooded areas that aren't cramped, and also for the kayaking. The lake itself is beautiful and so fun to be out on the water. There are a bunch of small islands throughout the lake to pull up on a sandbar and…

Stephen R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2021

Tidewater

Close to the beach and other area activities.

p
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2021

Great for kids and dogs!

Nice clean camp ground. Beautiful dog park with agility course. Restrooms were clean and centrally located.

Sitetent site
Michelle C.
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

Love the water, not a fan of the non-campers

This is a city park with a beach and a campground. This is a no frills campground, though there is a playground and beach. It’s less than 2 miles from Salem and on the trolley line.

Site10C
Jean C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 15, 2021

Large campground near, but not on the beach

First of all, the location is a little quirky and I think I only arrived once without a wrong turn! Watch the GPS carefully. That said, it’s very close to Hampton Beach and you can easily drive or bike over. The campground is parallel to US1, so there is some road traffic noise. Some of the tent…

• My site for the weekend - 4A
  • Tidewater Campground Site 16G
  • Tidewater Campground Site 16H
Site4A
F
Reviewed Jul. 12, 2021

Great lakeside views!

This park was much bigger than I thought. Great tree covered spots on Horse island. Next time I will try to get a water's edge spot and bring a float.

I was disappointed that the swimming area was closed due to bacteria in the water. I'm not sure if that is typical for this place.

The one other…

C
Reviewed Jul. 6, 2021

Great place! Very clean!

I really enjoyed staying here! The ocean is so close its convenient. My dog even enjoyed the camping!

SiteB12
Sondra N.
Reviewed Jun. 30, 2021

Amazing

Friendly staff and friendly campers. Relaxing and fun. Whether you want to relax and be with self or get active and social you will find what you're looking for.

Sitetent
J
Reviewed Jun. 29, 2021

Super Nice Staff!

Went here with my hockey buddies for my second-ever trailer adventure. Staff could not have been nicer! Site across the path was a little loud, but we were too I imagine... bet it'd be lots of fun for the kiddos.

Nicholas F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 25, 2021

Beautiful area, basic campsite

Well maintained hiking trails near the campsite. Beautiful shoreline with some fishing and boating spots.

Bathrooms facilities were mediocre, and camp spots could be larger - a bit of a squeeze for my vehicle.

Main attraction would be the many trails near the campsite!

Katie R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 21, 2021

Friendly Campground, Great Location

We stayed here in June for the weekend. The staff are super friendly and it’s very close to the beach. We loved being able to walk down for sunset and sunrise each day! Some of the sites are rather small, but the one we stayed at was great.

• The Sunrise from the short walk to the beach
  • Having Drinks close to the campground
  • Another picture from the sunrise
SiteG
Cynthia K.
Reviewed Jun. 21, 2021

Not your average camping experience

We spent a weekend here on a tent site close to the beach. There was no parking at our site, but the parking lot was only 25 yards away so it was not an issue. Our site (27) was large enough for an 8 person tent, 4 person tent, EZ Up, and a pop up dog house for our pooch. We also kept our 2 kayaks…

vThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 20, 2021

Pine forest experience

Lovely wooded area with lots of trees and shade. Sites are spacious, flat groomed sand. Bathrooms very rustic but clean. Lots of outdoor sink stations for doing dishes I suppose. Friendly staff in convenient area to area attractions.