Fires Unknown
About Boston Harbor Islands SP
Boston Harbor Islands SP is located in Massachusetts
4 Reviews of Boston Harbor Islands SP
Peddocks Island, Boston Harbor

This campground has 6 yurts and 6 tent sites. The yurts have bunk beds, a floor lamp, a table inside, a picnic table outside and a grill. Just getting to the island is a fun adventure. The island is beautiful and has an old fort to explore as well as a lot of Rocky shoreline and trails. You can build bon fires and see gorgeous sunsets. During the day you can take small ferries to a variety of other islands to go swimming or explore. This is a great adventure for kids. On peddocks island there is plenty of drinking water available and a ranger station. These sites book quickly, so you should try to book 7 months to the day in advance. That said, you can also look for last minute openings. I been 3 times and always have a great time. This campground is only open during the summer months.

Bit of a hassle but worth it

We camped at Lovells Island. Getting to the island was a bit of a hassle. We live in Boston and took all of our gear on the T to the harbor by the aquarium. We then took the ferry (which was in itself lovely and explained much of the harbor on the way) to Georges Island. After that we waited and got on a much smaller island to Lovells. When we got to the island we found that all of the sites had already been taken even though we had booked online months ahead. The ranger showed us two spots that we could camp at but they had no grills. We chose a smaller but more secluded spot. Make sure that you bring enough drinking water and that you are ok with using the composting bathroom or going in the woods. Exploring the island was awesome. We found all kinds of bunkers and a brick house. We ended up making a fire pit on the beach and a flat rock "grill" to make our burgers. Sitting on the beach watching the sun set over Boston was awesome and made everything entirely worth it.

BOSTON HARBOR ISLANDS

I LOVE MY BOAT RIDE TO AND FROM THE ISLANDS AND MY FAMMILY ENJOYED THAIRE STAY THARE I WOULD RECOMEND IT FOR ALL AGES TO GO YOU WILL HAVE FUN THARE

Took the kids it was beutiful, we took the Ferry out of Hingam, only way to the Islands is by a boat, they offer great amenities, swimming , fishing, great family adventure. I would recommend however if I had the chance I would bring my own boat